Homebrew RetroArch Switch

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
changing to Alsathread fixes the pulse issue. as for gamecube when even a simple 2d game like Four Swords Adventures can not run without slowdown and audio issues I'd definitely call it unplayable. the same remains true for all games unless you are fine with audio bugs and slowdown.
Do you know how well Saturn games run on Lakka?
Asking cuse the Three Dirty Dwarves game unfortunately doesn't appear to work with the recently found Cotton-emulator method aka ZebraEngine.

Reactions: Lineacero

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how well Saturn games run on Lakka?
Asking cuse the Three Dirty Dwarves game unfortunately doesn't appear to work with the recently found Cotton-emulator method aka ZebraEngine.
honestly never tried Saturn personally never been interested in it but the common consensus is that the emulator in general isn't good

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
honestly never tried Saturn personally never been interested in it but the common consensus is that the emulator in general isn't good
That's what I thought but since Saturn games appear to be running quite well under HOS with the ZebraEngine method (which supposedly is nothing more than a rebrand of the famous SSF emulator) comparing to standard RetroArch that is, I wondered how well Lakka would handle it.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
changing to Alsathread fixes the pulse issue. as for gamecube when even a simple 2d game like Four Swords Adventures can not run without slowdown and audio issues I'd definitely call it unplayable. the same remains true for all games unless you are fine with audio bugs and slowdown.
i know about pulse lol, its a known issue since forever. Alsathread breaks dock and some other things, id prefer always using pulse...but as for gc, as i said before, quite a lot of games are playable and fullspeed (mostly lowering emulated cpu speed option, but some are truly fullspeed), can be completed without issues, its worth trying out for sure. If your 2d games don't run great, well, too bad for you i guess.

Last edited by bad361,

thejackburton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to running RetroArch on the Switch and I was trying to load/run Die Hard Arcade but when I scan directory, it locates the zip file but stays at 0%. When I finally hit back or try to return to the home screen it freezes and I have to force reboot.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to running RetroArch on the Switch and I was trying to load/run Die Hard Arcade but when I scan directory, it locates the zip file but stays at 0%. When I finally hit back or try to return to the home screen it freezes and I have to force reboot.
if your trying to run Die Hard Arcade from Mame ST-V Arcade. It is no good to run and You can try with Saturn Die Hard Arcade. its slow on Saturn Core in RA

DryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone have tried running Marvel vs Capcom 2, tried it with Flycast but it's slow even with max CPU speed.

And also, I have a problem with fast forward, assigned a button to use X1 speed worked fine the first time, leave the game tried fast forward again and didn't work at all, this is in mGBA, any solution? (It show the fast forward icon and the sound gets a bit faster but the game isn't going fast at all) , threaded video is on.

Edit: fast forward works again, activated Sync to exact content framerate (options > frame throttle), also for some reason X1 speed keep the game running normal but x0, X2, x3, etc works fine.

Last edited by DryBones,

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, have Lakka still a problem with exFAT?! I cannot run it.
Or is it possible to split the partition, one exfat for the base system (HOS), and one fat32 for Lakka?!

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone help me ?
I am trying to play mach breakers tried with all mame versions and fba and nothing seems to work.

Also tried another Romset, its really strange this game should be supported.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch: 1.9.14
Atmos: 1.2.5
Firm: 2.1.0
Boot method: Full RAM mode via cart takeover

I have an issue when it comes to retroarch and my joycons. When I try booting retroarch with my joycons disconnected i get an atmosphere crash. It works perfectly in handheld mode tho. (Havent tried docked mode) been following the scene for yrs and just now decided to HB my day 1 switch. I used the ready to go first time user folder that's in OP so idk what I did wrong or if it's a bug? I can't find any similiar problem or thread with my issue.

Not sure if this is an atmosphere problem or retroarch and where I should post for help? so I'll start here. Thanks for any help in advance :3

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... why ???
anyway...
do you use a microsd with fat32 or exfat filesystem?
exfat corrupts data on the microsd
especially if you use homebrews like Retroarch.
why? Well if you wanna know It's been on a shelf since launch I bought it brand new updated it once and shelved it for future Homebrewing. Got a 2nd model and now got an oled and figured it was time. The update was an accident cuz I thought it added a web browser otherwise I'd be on 1.0.0 :3

Yes its Fat32 not exfat. I'll try installing a raw copy of retroarch myself. There maybe something corrupt or wrong inside the ready-to-go folder with cores already downloaded. All my other homebrew I can remove the joycons from the rails no problem. Only inside retroarch will it crash if I try to remove them or if I try booting the nro with joycons removed. It sounds like it's a setting since this comes preloaded with auto configs

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Any plans to port Duckstation to HOS RA?
it would be an unnecessary and pointless task to spend time on since ps1 emulation is already at a great state on switch, also considering you have DiskStation in lakka, which you can boot in mere seconds

...unless you open a bounty to port it to hos or something..

Excitedguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be an unnecessary and pointless task to spend time on since ps1 emulation is already at a great state on switch, also considering you have DiskStation in lakka, which you can boot in mere seconds

...unless you open a bounty to port it to hos or something..

One good reason I can think of is for Switch OLED and Mariko models. They have to run hacked via a modchip and to my knowledge, Android/Linux doesn't work at all on them at the moment. So the only option those 2 models have is hos and the only PS1 emulator on hos is pcsx-rearmed which works, but has no upscaling features and looks like worse compared to duckstation.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch: 1.9.14
Atmos: 1.2.5
Firm: 2.1.0
Boot method: Full RAM mode via cart takeover

I have an issue when it comes to retroarch and my joycons. When I try booting retroarch with my joycons disconnected i get an atmosphere crash. It works perfectly in handheld mode tho. (Havent tried docked mode) been following the scene for yrs and just now decided to HB my day 1 switch. I used the ready to go first time user folder that's in OP so idk what I did wrong or if it's a bug? I can't find any similiar problem or thread with my issue.

Not sure if this is an atmosphere problem or retroarch and where I should post for help? so I'll start here. Thanks for any help in advance :3

So I've went thru the process of reinstalling everything. And it still crashes I assume it's my firmware now since it's on 2.1.0 I cant even play retroarch when docked either because itll give the same crash report as when I remove my joycons or try booting with them removed.

The error code is 2162-0002
Program: 0100000000000013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.