Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

does anybody know if the banjo kazooi issue (where the game just freezes/crashes randomly) was solved in the meantime?

ragestaker21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You most likely have a borked config file, or don't have the proper configuration for N64 on Switch.

Firmware 9.1
Latest atmosphere with sigpatches
Ppsspp standalone( works too good)
Mgba standalone ( works great)
Retroarch 1.8.4, booted though title replacement, got the zip from the website, the package for the switch, extracted and ready, i deleted only the cores i dont use for example SNES etc. the only cores left are psx, n64 and dreamcast.
Any tips? How can i fix my config? Thanks dood

I want to play shadow man n64 too bad

Last edited by ragestaker21,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Firmware 9.1
Latest atmosphere with sigpatches
Ppsspp standalone( works too good)
Mgba standalone ( works great)
Retroarch 1.8.4, booted though title replacement, got the zip from the website, the package for the switch, extracted and ready, i deleted only the cores i dont use for example SNES etc. the only cores left are psx, n64 and dreamcast.
Any tips? How can i fix my config? Thanks dood

I want to play shadow man n64 too bad
I meant the RetroArch .cfg, that one could probably be borked from past versions.
If that's not it, then you need to play around with the Mupen64 Next options until you get the performance just right.
Usually default settings should work just fine. If not, then try disabling the DRAM options and see how that does.

CrimsonWesker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone help me out? I saw on a Twitter post that somebody got Capcom vs SNK 2 working fine on the Dreamcast on Retroarch. However when I play it (or ANY sprite-based games, for that matter) they seem to lag really bad.

Is there a trick to setting them up?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can anyone help me out? I saw on a Twitter post that somebody got Capcom vs SNK 2 working fine on the Dreamcast on Retroarch. However when I play it (or ANY sprite-based games, for that matter) they seem to lag really bad.

Is there a trick to setting them up?
Hm, cvs2 should just work.. without any particular settings, i remember launching it for the first time and it worked perfectly unlike mvsc2 or cvs1. Are you sure it's not cvs1? What's your cfw? Is everything updated?Are you using title redirection?

CrimsonWesker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, cvs2 should just work.. without any particular settings, i remember launching it for the first time and it worked perfectly unlike mvsc2 or cvs1. Are you sure it's not cvs1? What's your cfw? Is everything updated?Are you using title redirection?

So embarrassing. It was CVS1. Not 2. So crazy to think the performance is so different.

Is there a way to get MvsC2 working? Also, what's title direction? Does it improve performance and if so how should I do it?

Sorry, a bit new to this. ;_;

Also, for ANY games (PS1, Dreamcast, N64 etc.) is there a good source for save files and the like? I find the performance of the built in cheats to be rather temperamental. And how do you use them with Retroarch?

Last edited by CrimsonWesker,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So embarrassing. It was CVS1. Not 2. So crazy to think the performance is so different.

Is there a way to get MvsC2 working? Also, what's title direction? Does it improve performance and if so how should I do it?

Sorry, a bit new to this. ;_;

Also, for ANY games (PS1, Dreamcast, N64 etc.) is there a good source for save files and the like? I find the performance of the built in cheats to be rather temperamental. And how do you use them with Retroarch?
Currently no, mvsc2 is still not full speed, best bet is to just wait for the updates. This games is one of the most popular ones so i'm pretty sure it WILL be full speed soon.
Titles redirection is when you launch homebrew menu through your game by holding R when launching the title (any installed game, even one on a cartridge). It gives you full RAM access for your homebrew apps and is essential for emulation and some other stuff (i believe dc won't even launch if you use applet mode, so you must be using full ram already).

...Didn't quite get you last question about saves. Source for saves? You can find a save for any game you want and then just convert it to RA format (google all that). Using cheats is different for every core, usually you enable it in core options while in-game and then...then you read how to use them here https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/ (ppsspp e.g).

Also, you can find A LOT of useful info on official site.

Last edited by bad361,

CrimsonWesker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently no, mvsc2 is still not full speed, best bet is to just wait for the updates. This games is one of the most popular ones so i'm pretty sure it WILL be full speed soon.
Titles redirection is when you launch homebrew menu through your game by holding R when launching the title (any installed game, even one on a cartridge). It gives you full RAM access for your homebrew apps and is essential for emulation and some other stuff (i believe dc won't even launch if you use applet mode, so you must be using full ram already).

...Didn't quite get you last question about saves. Source for saves? You can find a save for any game you want and then just convert it to RA format (google all that). Using cheats is different for every core, usually you enable it in core options while in-game and then...then you read how to use them here https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/ (ppsspp e.g).

Also, you can find A LOT of useful info on official site.

Thank you for this! Will look into it all when I have some more time.

CrimsonWesker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so I have downloaded some saves from GameFAQs and they are available in either VMI or DCI formats. I'm struggling to comprehend how to convert these to a format that RetroArch will recognise on the Switch.

PS1 was easy because you just find the SRM and convert it. I don't know if I can say the same for Dreamcast......

Any ideas?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so I have downloaded some saves from GameFAQs and they are available in either VMI or DCI formats. I'm struggling to comprehend how to convert these to a format that RetroArch will recognise on the Switch.

PS1 was easy because you just find the SRM and convert it. I don't know if I can say the same for Dreamcast......

Any ideas?
Check again.
Some of the saves listed in GameFAQs are for Wii Virtual Console and other regions of Wii.
If it's not .sav or .srm, i's most likely not compatible.

CrimsonWesker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Check again.
Some of the saves listed in GameFAQs are for Wii Virtual Console and other regions of Wii.
If it's not .sav or .srm, i's most likely not compatible.

Yeah, but there are ways to convert a DexDrive (.gce) save to .srm for Playstation. But there doesn't seem to be a way to convert these two formats (for Dreamcast) to work with Retroarch......

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, but there are ways to convert a DexDrive (.gce) save to .srm for Playstation. But there doesn't seem to be a way to convert these two formats (for Dreamcast) to work with Retroarch......
there are some dc homebrew roms with millions of saves inside...you could try using them, i used it once to unlock all chars and stuff in cvs2, worked fine, just have to be sure that the save file is correct for your region ver of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious