Homebrew RetroArch Switch

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Data management from system settings will probably tell you whether a game is on internal storage or SD.
External drive support is bein worked on for atmosphere, and once that's done (no eta) I'd expect retroarch to support loading roms from there.
data management doesnt say anything about games on internal drive.:mellow:

Pola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been trying to use split Joy-Cons for Nes emulator but everytime I set it on settings I’m not able to move through the menu anymore nor select anything. And then I always have to edit de config file and set the split Joy-Cons for player 1 and 2 to “0” to get it back to normal. How can I make it work?
Thanks

Reactions: TylerSGman

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried running killer instinct gold yet? I’m really behind on the emu scene so I dont know what emus are playable as of now

Reactions: rhyx

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup. Okay. I'm going to fucking break something. Beyond pissed. I accidentally hit "left" while hovering over "Config Aspect Ratio" and it went straight to 16.00 or something. It took me fucking 20 minutes or so to scroll ALL the way back down to 0. But I went ONE too far, and it fucking went back to 16.00. I'm so fucking pissed.

Is there a way to just fucking manually input this shit? Scrolling takes forever, and this just pissed me off so fucking much, mate.

Thanks. jesus christ.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Use a text editor and edit your config file directly? Also, try to press the ok button, some menu options show a drop down menu to select between the possible choices faster.

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use a text editor and edit your config file directly? Also, try to press the ok button, some menu options show a drop down menu to select between the possible choices faster.
Thanks. Yeah that one didn't give a drop down. That's SUPER obnoxious. The next release really should provide an option to key in the configuration, via the menu, as opposed to having to scroll like that. That was literally fucking terrible.

Rya102396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue now that I couldn't find any fix or info about. Retroarch was running perfectly fine for a couple days for me, but now if I try to launch it, I just get a black screen and nothing else. Even tried replacing all my Retroarch files on my SD card, no luck fixing it. Any other Homebrew is loading perfectly fine. Haven't upgraded my firmware or CFW versions since before getting it, using Retroarch 1.7.7. Anyone know a possible fix for this?

EDIT: It doesn't freeze my system, but when I try to close it after the black screen, it stays on "closing software" for awhile, then says "The software was closed because an error occured." And again, I had no problems with it up until this afternoon.

Last edited by Rya102396,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having an issue now that I couldn't find any fix or info about. Retroarch was running perfectly fine for a couple days for me, but now if I try to launch it, I just get a black screen and nothing else. Even tried replacing all my Retroarch files on my SD card, no luck fixing it. Any other Homebrew is loading perfectly fine. Haven't upgraded my firmware or CFW versions since before getting it, using Retroarch 1.7.7. Anyone know a possible fix for this?

EDIT: It doesn't freeze my system, but when I try to close it after the black screen, it stays on "closing software" for awhile, then says "The software was closed because an error occured." And again, I had no problems with it up until this afternoon.
Exfat?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly yeah, set up my emunand/emummc on an exfat card before finding out it could cause issues on the Switch. Would swap over to fat32, but my emu is on a hidden partition and I'd rather not lose the stuff I have on the emu now.
You can reformat the exfat partition as fat32 without touching the emummc partition.

Rya102396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can reformat the exfat partition as fat32 without touching the emummc partition.
I'll give that a shot when I can, thanks. Now that'd only change the "SD card" stuff to fat32 but not the emummc part to fat32, right? Guess that's not a huge deal, I'll just avoid putting a lot of stuff on that part.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll give that a shot when I can, thanks. Now that'd only change the "SD card" stuff to fat32 but not the emummc part to fat32, right? Guess that's not a huge deal, I'll just avoid putting a lot of stuff on that part.
Yes, but the emummc part doesn't use exfat anyway, it's only the "SD card" files like the retroarch stuff that you need to worry about.

Rya102396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the emummc part doesn't use exfat anyway, it's only the "SD card" files like the retroarch stuff that you need to worry about.
Well, just got done formatting to fat32 and transferring files over to it, and I'm still getting the same black screen issue. I'll add that I've tried to launch it both ways, nsp redirect and going through hbl through launching a game while holding r.

EDIT: I did a fresh reinstall with the latest nightly, and all seems to be good now, except for PSP games. One just gives a black screen, 2 others start but I can't load or create saves in them.

Last edited by Rya102396,

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is 64 still being optimized or has it not been touched since Glide has been added? I'm just wondering if I should be updating

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.