XP
Country
Germany
hi guys i downloaded retroarch in hopes of playing n64 games
i installed the cores but whenever i try to play it crashes the switch
what am i doing wrong? my version is 1.7.6 downloaded from homebrew app store
That's your mistake.
Take the core from here:

Also use HBL redirection and nothing else. Atmosphère is highly recommended.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ty for reply
yes i am using atmosphere. hb store came with the kosmos package i think
anyways where do i put the core?
The most important thing you need to do is launch RetroArch using title redirection. Scroll to "Running RetroArch using title takeover" at this link for a tutorial on how to set it up. If you don't do that then N64 will never work.

The core goes into sd:/retroarch/cores/ folder. Overwrite the old one.

Reactions: Budsixz

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The most important thing you need to do is launch RetroArch using title redirection. Scroll to "Running RetroArch using title takeover" at this link for a tutorial on how to set it up. If you don't do that then N64 will never work.

The core goes into sd:/retroarch/cores/ folder. Overwrite the old one.
ohh I see ty for giving me the tutorial ill do this and let you know
at work atm

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay. How can I be sure to not lose my present settings when I go back to defaults?
just rename your current retroach folder to "retroarchold" for example, and let the app generate a clean "retroarch" folder, then just transfer your settings from "retroarchold" one by one to make sure it doesn't break again.

nvm you only have problems with mupen64

Last edited by cucholix,

itsmefloflo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only the latest custom firmware versions (atmosphere, hekate, SXOS) contain the necessary code to allow dynarec to work. This is irrespective of your ofw.

In other words: to get dynarec, update your atmosphere, hekate, or SX OS to the latest version. Keep your official firmware at 6.2 or whatever you want.

I am so lost :-) : when i update dosbox core with the internal downloader all games work (even Heroes2 with midi sound ) but when i overwrite dosbox core by dosbox core from m4xw many games don't work anymore. When I just start the core, it's work but when i try to laucnh conf or exe files it crashes : for example when i launch heroes2 conf, i've got the "switch message error". It's so weird ! Maybe SX Issue ?

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Some thoughts: Install latest Retroarch nightly. Then replace the core (using ftp). Erase you core config/remap files. Use SX OS 2.6.1 beta. Only load Retroarch via nsp injection (hold R while launching nsp game). Always "close" content after "load content" check core options. Core type should be set to "dynamic".

Last edited by rsn8887,

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to run standalone on Switch? /switch/mupen64 folder and /roms folder on the root of the sd card ? Confusion.
I don't believe you can run it standalone. You have to replace the file linked in the tweet in your sd:/retroarch/cores/ folder and then launch it within RetroArch.

itsmefloflo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some thoughts: Install latest Retroarch nightly. Then replace the core (using ftp). Erase you core config/remap files. Use SX OS 2.6.1 beta. Only load Retroarch via nsp injection (hold R while launching nsp game). Always "close" content after "load content" check core options. Core type should be set to "dynamic".
Thanks for your answer, I’ll try that and

I changed cpu cycles and cpu core and it’s working. I can’t say why but it’s work. Thanks for your help

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously ? I thought you can do standalone. I know about cores/folder but it cannot be done ? Really ?
Libretro cores aren't mean to be used as standalone emulators, but if you only want RA for mupen-next, you can use the core as an standalone emulator, just drag&drop the core onto the switch folder and you should be ready to go, also you may want to download the assets from the online updater for XMB/Ozone and build a N64 playlist

Edit: this online playlist editor will help you to build your playlist
https://www.marcrobledo.com/retroarch-playlist-editor/

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Libretro cores aren't mean to be used as standalone emulators, but if you only want RA for mupen-next, you can use the core as an standalone emulator, just drag&drop the core onto the switch folder and you should be ready to go, also you may want to download the assets from the online updater for XMB/Ozone and build a N64 playlist
standalone works, but it will conflict with a RA installation since it will try to use salamander.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
standalone works, but it will conflict with a RA installation since it will try to use salamander.

I am not sure I follow you guys. :wacko::unsure:

D

Deleted User

Guys i have question, i was using Hires textures with n64 roms, but then my micro sd car corrupted, i have ExFat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1