Homebrew RetroArch Switch

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Atmosphere 0.8.3 by fusee-primary.bin with Mupen64plus-next core (try original Mupen64 too), and always get this error when try lunch StarCraft 64
But on SXOS 2.5.3 - works, very slowly and with audio bugs
View attachment 158376

You held R with starting a game with SXOS right? To get the extra RAM.

If so it might just be that game is not fully playable.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Atmosphere 0.8.3 by fusee-primary.bin with Mupen64plus-next core (try original Mupen64 too), and always get this error when try lunch StarCraft 64
But on SXOS 2.5.3 - works, very slowly and with audio bugs
View attachment 158376

I can’t even get N64 games to load using fusee primary. I have to use hekate to load CFW, no payload.bin for Mupen64_next to not crash. I’m getting error then retroarch closes. When I choose CFW under hekate everything works great.

Edit: just tried StarCraft and it loads fine. Moving around the map sucks and feels broken but seems playable

Last edited by kylum,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone test Phoenix Wright on Desmume or MelonDS? I'm not at home right now and I'm really curious about the performance
Just wait til u get home u lazy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really serious if i hold right bumper how will i know if im in overclock nps i would appcecite if there is a text message that say cfw connected

solidsnake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I try on SX OS with R button - all the same. In any case I launch Retro Arch by NSP in SX OS - it full RAM access without R button)) Why Retro Arch crash on atmosphere I don’t know. Try lunch atmosphere by Hekate payload - get a same crash missage like in Retro Arch. SX OS I think more stable

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try on SX OS with R button - all the same. In any case I launch Retro Arch by NSP in SX OS - it full RAM access without R button)) Why Retro Arch crash on atmosphere I don’t know. Try lunch atmosphere by Hekate payload - get a same crash missage like in Retro Arch. SX OS I think more stable
Like @m4xw would say the problem is in front of the switch. Lol
You are doing a few things wrong. Refer back to the OP. SX is not supported and neither is the NSP. Follow this to get full access to ram. Which is also linked in the OP and is a must to get retroarch working correctly
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/

Lehas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like @m4xw would say the problem is in front of the switch. Lol
You are doing a few things wrong. Refer back to the OP. SX is not supported and neither is the NSP. Follow this to get full access to ram. Which is also linked in the OP and is a must to get retroarch working correctly
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/

I'm having the same error code. I can access the hbmenu if I press R and launch the album. If I try to launch a game while pressing R its just starting the game. I'm using the newest files from sdsetup for the cfw. I followed Step 1-4 but can you help me out with step 5 from linked tutorial? Usually I use the hekate_ctcaer_4.6.bin file to launch the cfw. Is this the mistake Im making?

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same error code. I can access the hbmenu if I press R and launch the album. If I try to launch a game while pressing R its just starting the game. I'm using the newest files from sdsetup for the cfw. I followed Step 1-4 but can you help me out with step 5 from linked tutorial? Usually I use the hekate_ctcaer_4.6.bin file to launch the cfw. Is this the mistake Im making?
If you can’t load HBmenu while pressing R while loading a game then you might be doing something wrong in step 2 or 3. Are you using “app” or “title id”. Also if atmosphere is not updated then using “app” will not work and you will have to use the title id. Using app was added to atmos in 0.8.3.

Hope this helps

Lehas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it works now thanks! but now retroarch is not finding any cores. do I need to run the retro arch installer first?

Lehas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am confused. Lets start from beginning. I deleted all retroarch related files on my sd card. Which files do I need to download now beside the n64 core?

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused. Lets start from beginning. I deleted all retroarch related files on my sd card. Which files do I need to download now beside the n64 core?
Seriously, you need to read the OP. Most of, if not all your answers are already answered as part of the guide that is outlined. Now there have been reports that the latest nightly has issues but has not been confirmed. So I would download the one from three days ago to be sure, that is the one I’m on and it works fine. Here https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/
Running off of Atmosphere 0.8.4 this won't boot.
Same here
Why did you update? Are you guys on HOS 7.0.x?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack