Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance if this is common knowledge but this thread is 183 pages . Does anyone know if I can use save states in Vice c64 as it says they are not supported , is there some type of workaround? Can someone please point me in the right direction as google has turned up nothing for me. Many thanks in advance

Kamisanmet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ran into an issue while playing Tear Ring Saga with PCSX reARMED using the rewind feature.

Quite often after using rewind, all inputs will cease to function in-game. I can still use retroarch hotkeys and control the retroarch menu. If I make a save state after it happens and reset retroarch, load the state, the controls will still not function. I've found no way to restore control after it happens, other than loading to a state prior to it occurring.

I've tried searching and I've found no mention of this issue elsewhere.

I'm using the Dec. 22nd build of retroarch, and PCSX reARMED 1.7.5.

Last edited by Kamisanmet,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to update retroarch from within the application itself, or do I need to completely re-install. I can do that no problem, I just don't want to lose my saves again.

taggen86

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is there any way to change the resolution using the psx emulator? What is the best place to check for new versions of it? I find it hard to use the psx emulator after experiencing n64 games in 720p on the switch.

Reactions: clout

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to update retroarch from within the application itself, or do I need to completely re-install. I can do that no problem, I just don't want to lose my saves again.
Copy the savefiles, and savestates folder from retroarch/cores/, put them back in after reinstall
I think you can probably update it via the app, but I haven't done it that way.

Nightfox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone experienced issues with the DOSBox core crashing entirely when loading some games? Namely Jazz Jackrabbit and Little Big Adventure 2. LBA2 crashes so hard that it crashes Retroarch entirely.

I’ve also tried the latest nightly build with no improvement

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to even slightly answer the question, but I never played the LBA games (apart from the first one briefly at a friend's), think I always vaguely intended to. Hm.

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's done when it's done.

I don't recall which livestream discussion recently you were involved in, believe it may have been Modern Vintage Gamer. But you were very informative. Was curious what you have heard from your associates. Is the PS4 project a 1 man team going into porting the project there?

As we have seen streamers and forumers try to push the envelope with N64, Dreamcast, etc on Switch. I'm really hopeful to see what talented minds like yourself can accomplish on PS4 with even the possibilities of Gamecube/Wii functionality.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't recall which livestream discussion recently you were involved in, believe it may have been Modern Vintage Gamer. But you were very informative. Was curious what you have heard from your associates. Is the PS4 project a 1 man team going into porting the project there?

As we have seen streamers and forumers try to push the envelope with N64, Dreamcast, etc on Switch. I'm really hopeful to see what talented minds like yourself can accomplish on PS4 with even the possibilities of Gamecube/Wii functionality.
I am not in any of his streams.
Might be a different m4x :P

--

Happy new years !
Native 1080p support will soon be on the nightlies :)

Last edited by m4xw,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.