Homebrew RetroArch Switch

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a rumble plugin coming some day? I was disappointed to learn there's no rumble either in PS1 games or Rumble Pak N64 games.
Yes, I saw on discord recently that someone was getting it working in ps1, with other platforms to follow, so hopefully it will show up in official releases sometime soon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As we know, Mega CD games are massive in their uncompressed form,
"Massive" is a strong word for <700mb in this day & age, when Switch games can be dozens of gigabytes, but still good info B-)

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the latest version, to be clear. Released about a day ago and NOT the same as the nightlies.

h!!ps//m4xw.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/n87e8ycGGgfTM6L

Having that svc build is by far the most important element that most people who are having issues are missing! You can change all the settings in mupen64plus-next that you want, but if you don't have that svc build, then it won't matter.

HairHuntTroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having an issue with Parasite Eve 1+2 with PCSX ReArmed where you can't save the game even when starting a vanilla file? I also can't load my current srm save files for either one of them, the games just tell me so saves are found. They're the only titles with this problem, and I can confirm my saves are working properly on PC RetroArch as well on the Vita.

It happens with Disc 1/2 for both as well.

I'm uploading saves for both games if anyone wants to check it out.

Attachments

• saves.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by HairHuntTroop,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just so people know, it seems that basically all 32X games should run will speed in Picodrive with a little overclock.

The degree of overclock required depends on the game. Both Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe run nice enough at 1224MHz overclock whereas Star Wars Arcade requires 1581MHz and some scenes even 1785MHz. But it's worth having a little fiddle.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so people know, it seems that basically all 32X games should run will speed in Picodrive with a little overclock.

The degree of overclock required depends on the game. Both Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe run nice enough at 1224MHz overclock whereas Star Wars Arcade requires 1581MHz and some scenes even 1785MHz. But it's worth having a little fiddle.

Yeah it's definitely game dependent. Mortal Kombat II runs fine for me in "Powersave Mode 3 (714 MHz)", but then Virtual Fighter needs at least "High Performance (1785 MHz)".

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having that svc build is by far the most important element that most people who are having issues are missing! You can change all the settings in mupen64plus-next that you want, but if you don't have that svc build, then it won't matter.

i got that build from the link and start retroarch through the nro and i keep being sent back to the hbl and then having the switch crash when trying to start a n64 game.

do i need a forwarder nsp? i keep reading about them but I'm not exactly finding one, do i have to make my own?

D

Deleted User

i got that build from the link and start retroarch through the nro and i keep being sent back to the hbl and then having the switch crash when trying to start a n64 game.

do i need a forwarder nsp? i keep reading about them but I'm not exactly finding one, do i have to make my own?

I would load add the title id of an eshop title to loader.ini in atmosphere folder then load the hbmenu using that title. I use pokemon quest. Then load retroarch using hbmenu via that ehop title. This gives ram access the core needs.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a tutorial for adding thumbnails/box art for RA Switch?

Are there some GUIs that support it and some that don’t?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr