Homebrew RetroArch Switch

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To quote myself from a posting that got swamped, by "but what about me" postings, as usual.

Core settings: bilinear filtering 3point, framebuffer deactivated,
System settings: 1.7 OC
Video Settings: threaded video on, vsync off
Driver Settings: driver audio switch_thread

= no sound crackle on Zelda OOT.
Just add video parameter 320X240, ( 640X480) draws too much power.

0N666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my 400gb sd card is now saying retroarch folder corrupt... so im backing it up to my pc and have to format and start again... 15 hours to back up, 15 hours to copy back... FML

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With you the sound crackles
For me the sound is crispy
Crunchy as a caramelized peanut
:D
Patch your rom in dts?
Do you have a less powerful switch than us? Did you buy a mini switch?

Thanks very helpful

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 400gb sd card is now saying retroarch folder corrupt... so im backing it up to my pc and have to format and start again... 15 hours to back up, 15 hours to copy back... FML

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks very helpful
my retroarch doesn't corrupt using fat32, and 15 hours ouch mine takes 2 and half hours to back up with a full sd card

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have said it before if you want to get involved in the switch homebrew scene you want fat32 no question

Thanks notimp for sharing settings i think my vsync is on. So i will experiment turning it off.

24 stars deep in super mario 64 people bugging out at work lol

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have said it before if you want to get involved in the switch homebrew scene you want fat32 no question

Fat32 file size cap is 4GB. Inconvenient. Just like the random corruption from exfat. Good thing corruptions aren't common at all if closing apps right, and an sd card backup always does the trick.

To each their own

KungFuJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32 file size cap is 4GB. Inconvenient. Just like the random corruption from exfat. Good thing corruptions aren't common at all if closing apps right, and an sd card backup always does the trick.

To each their own

There is no reason to use exFAT anymore with xci-cutter now able to handle NSP files.

KungFuJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone clarify how split joy cons are supposed to work? I'm using the latest nightly build, btw.

I've used RetroNX in the past and I tried it on Gauntlet 2 (mame2003). I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I was able to get two players working (each using one joy con) and everything worked fine.

I just tried it with RA and when I set split joycon to ON for Players 1 and 2, they do work separately but the dpad movement doesn't coincide with how you would normally hold a joycon. Meaning, UP was still RIGHT...you had to hold the joycon vertically.

I suppose I could go in and change the input, but I feel like that's not how it's "supposed" to work. I definitely didn't need to do that in RetroNX...orientation changed automatically.

Also had a question regarding inserting coins/start button using split joy cons. Some games, like Gauntlet 2, have dedicated coin insert and start buttons per player. How is that defined with split joy cons? With my current setup, the minus button on joycon1 still acts like the coin insert and the plus button on joycon2 is still the Start button.

dc9884

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notimp said:
You all got serviced.

I follow the thread closely and know you hate doing this, so I appreciate the help. I try not to ask anything that hasn’t already been answered or that I can find myself

I’ll try unzipping and/or another NES core when I get back home this weekend and can resend a payload

Nightfox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know how to get the .conf files activated when playing DOS games in the DOSBox core? Some games need DOSBox configuration options including a list of commands to execute beforehand such as disk mounting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1