Homebrew RetroArch Switch

aboreal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Frankly, stop being angry for nothing, stop making a drama for nothing, relax.
I'm talking about the gpdxd, because it has a hardware lower than the switch cpu and gpu, and that allows me to have a more serious comparison, than to talk about retroarch on pc, if a psx game works at 60 fps on retroarch android (gpdxd) it will work at 60 fps one day on switch, that's for sure.
Rayman works perfectly on retroarch android, core pcsx rearmed in format pbp, why on switch so many users have a problem with rayman? Multitrack games? I'm looking for the dev to answer that....
FanNintendo, mr bellebitte 2000 ,You have won the prize for high spirits

Go just for you FanNintendo my gift today

Does your GPDXD emulate GC full speed?

Cheers!

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, now i know it better :)
But I must have a way to do it by tweaking xml or other files, I had done it by adding a translated rom that didn't scan correctly from memory a crc or other story declared in a file or playlist .lpl.

Ex
Europe) (En,Fr,De).zip#007 - Everything or Nothing (USA, Europe) (En,Fr,De).gba
007 - Everything or Nothing (USA, Europe) (En,Fr,De)
DETECT
DETECT
9D4F1E18|crc ( here!!!! )
Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.lpl

Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.rdb ( gamebase )
Here in this file are declared all known roms of the gba (fullset)
If your rom is not declared in this file it cannot be found, you have to insert your rom hack here
Retroarch uses this file as a basis to recognize your games

Last edited by KHEOPS,

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using exFAT and heard that can lead to problems.

But what if I install the NSP into the NAND? Can data corruption and other issues still happen?

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, most of my covers work fine with retroarch however and games with a "&" in the name doesn't detect a cover and i have to change it from "&" to "and".

amy ideas

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed some PlayStation games have vibration in game so do anybody know how to activate the vibration setting on/off in retroarch?? I couldn't find it thanks for reading this.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Money is one thing, but having a talented programmer like
Giles Goddard is another one.
What I see is that there are not many people capable of doing this, or at least those who can are far from our concerns about emulation n64
Money does not make talent, talent does not wait for money.
Find a programmer beforehand, capable of doing this task, then we'll talk about money...

Understand my message well
What I mean is, a money bonus will attract who before? A capable programmer? Or an amateur who needs money? Just this question meditated.

I would have preferred that a passionate programmer would want to do it because he wants to, because he respects the work of nintendo, and that he decides that mario64 deserves to be emulated perfectly for posterity, and for videogame archivingarchiving
If this programmer exists, I want to talk money with him, no problem even, because I know that behind the work will be done, in respect and with a clean code without waste, no tweak and code taken left and right without knowing where this patch dynarec will lead with bits of code borrowed left and right.
I don't want a polemic, as I sometimes see here, by some people, I already imagine the messages in advance compared to what I just wrote here like...

To finish up
Yeah, man, if you want to, just do it yourself, or messages like that, you've seen this behavior so many times already, I wouldn't even answer that kind of thing said anonymously behind a querty or azerty keyboard...
Understand who will be able to

Last edited by KHEOPS,
Reactions: Switchtime

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I’d like to ask,
I’m using retroarch 1.7.5
When i tried to scan my game directory, the only Scanned games for the collection is only GBA, although I had PS1 (bin and cue format) on the folder itself (picture attached).
The ps1 is still playable if choose the file individually, yet I’m curious to know why it happened
E8BEF67A-5E60-4F16-9408-811F7549175D.jpeg

destrodark28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys did anyone figure out how to add MAME cheats to MAME 2003 plus or Mame 2003 as it keeps saying code database not found any ideas?? :) thanks :)

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I’d like to ask,
I’m using retroarch 1.7.5
When i tried to scan my game directory, the only Scanned games for the collection is only GBA, although I had PS1 (bin and cue format) on the folder itself (picture attached).
The ps1 is still playable if choose the file individually, yet I’m curious to know why it happened
View attachment 148593

This is how i have it and shows up in collection for eacvh just fine;

sd:\Roms\Nintendo - Game Boy Advance
sd:\Roms\Sony - PlayStation

I use the RetroArch Playlist buddy posted by OP; so the folder names like that work for me

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
This is how i have it and shows up in collection for eacvh just fine;

sd:\Roms\Nintendo - Game Boy Advance
sd:\Roms\Sony - PlayStation

I use the RetroArch Playlist buddy posted by OP; so the folder names like that work for me
thank you for the reply
what format are you using on PS1 ISO ?
is it BIN ?

Last edited by rynsonick,

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you for the reply
what format are you using on PS1 ISO ?
is it BIN ?

yea in my \Sony - Playstation\ folder, i simply placed my files as is;

Game Name (NTSC).bin
Game Name (NTSC).cue

Eventually I'll look into compressing the files (PBP format)... because each game i have so far is 700mb

cakerawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I'm not very good at debugging issues, so I'll just say my problem: I can't get Ape Escape 1 (PSX) to load. I am using the PAL version and have the .sbi file required. It loads in PCSX on desktop as well as pcsx rearmed on another device I own. It simply says "cannot load content". I've got a BIOS and enabled threaded video but don't know what else to do.

I'd like some help, seems like there was a lot of strange arguing going on in this thread. I can't find a compatibility list and other ps1 roms load. Is this game in particular not working?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like some help, seems like there was a lot of strange arguing going on in this thread. I can't find a compatibility list and other ps1 roms load. Is this game in particular not working?
I'm sure someone was talking about ape escape earlier in the thread, did you search for the game name? Otherwise maybe try patching the game instead (or finding a patched copy)?

cakerawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure someone was talking about ape escape earlier in the thread, did you search for the game name? Otherwise maybe try patching the game instead (or finding a patched copy)?
Yes, I searched for it. No one responded to that. There's no need to patch it - those patches are for playing on the physical console, I have the sbi file that allows me to get past the copy protection, but the menu does not even show up because the game doesn't load. I have PCSX rearmed on another emulating device, and the files I have run properly. but not on the switch. (I also converted the iso into a bin and it still doesn't work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)