Retroarch PSX - Threaded Video - No image/crash

jimmy163

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the latest nightly build of Retroarch on my 2DSXL and I'm trying to enable Threaded Video for better performance.

Settings > Video > Threaded Video

Once this is enabled, whenever I load a game, both screens go black and I need to restart my console. I can't access the menu via the lower screen and it locks up.

Any ideas?

JayCeeCJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Same happened to me. Had to delete retroarch.cfg to launch games properly again. Everytime I close retroarch I need to remember to turn off Threaded Video or risk getting hanged on black screen on next launch.

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the latest nightly build of Retroarch on my 2DSXL and I'm trying to enable Threaded Video for better performance.

Once this is enabled, whenever I load a game, both screens go black and I need to restart my console. I can't access the menu via the lower screen and it locks up.

Any idea

Any ideas?
Try and set it from the retroarch.cfg instead with a txt editor, changing the menu layout size (i think it was) also ends up in blackscreen when loading a rom.

I'll see if I can replicate but for now just make sure to fresh install retroarch again as the new 1.16 versions can be messy even if they're listed as stable.

I made a post about the optimal settings not long ago search for PCSX on this thread it might help

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try and set it from the retroarch.cfg instead with a txt editor, changing the menu layout size (i think it was) also ends up in blackscreen when loading a rom.

I'll see if I can replicate but for now just make sure to fresh install retroarch again as the new 1.16 versions can be messy even if they're listed as stable.

I made a post about the optimal settings not long ago search for PCSX on this thread it might help
optimal settings should have Threaded Video disabled right?

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
not really, as far as I know it works properly switched on, also improves cutscenes performance, just make sure to have a clean install with the default settings and change it via .cfg as doing it from retroarch can freeze the console, after doing so you can change other settings but stay away from the Appearance section unless you want to set a background image (that works fine) as i've had my games blackscreen right after changing the scaling factor and other stuff.

With the newer nightlies now the optimal settings do have Threaded Video off as it blackscreens games when loading so it might be broken. As far as I know 1.15 retroarch does need TV for some games to run cutscenes but 1.16 doesn't need it on anymore.

Last edited by NASSULY,

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've been playing some games with the latest nightlies to test if the settings still hold and they seem to be, the only game I found that doesn't is Tekken 3 which blackscreens when loading if Threaded Video is on, but the other settings still hold so just turn it off for now as It might affect more games.

Last edited by NASSULY,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi