Homebrew RetroArch - PS1

Clément

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Regardless, if you download them from a site called something like.. "Emulated heaven" ;) they should be in ISO format.
Yet I downloaded a game on a website and inside the RAR file, there were 3 files BIN, CUE 1 file but no ISO file. I just tried Tekken 3, it works but is very slow (12 fps). Otherwise what is the PSX BIOS ?

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet I downloaded a game on a website and inside the RAR file, there were 3 files BIN, CUE 1 file but no ISO file. I just tried Tekken 3, it works but is very slow (12 fps). Otherwise what is the PSX BIOS ?

The .cia version is much faster, compared to the 3dsx. You will need CFW though.

Reactions: Clément

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The BIOS is like firmware. It's instructions for like how to read the games. If you use the three bin files and the cue, it should work. The CUE is instructions on how to run the BIN. The BIN is the actual game. It's sort of like .3DS and .CIA. Where ISO is CIA and BIN+CUE are 3DS.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, hopefully I'm not too late.
Where I got my stuff, they're in .ecm files.
Most of them were .bin.ecm files.
All you need to do is get an ecm to bin converter and convert them, then rename the data.bin to whatever the game is. The other files shouldn't be necessary.
Good luck. :)

Also: Most games won't run well if not on CFW/.cia
In the retroarch thread, they recommended changing the audio sync off, which does make a significant fps boost.
Without CFW, games will run about 12-15 fps, with the audio desync and frameskip on 1, it runs more like 17 fps iirc. But with cfw and the .cia pcsxrearmed, it runs more like 30-60 fps.

Last edited by Biovirulent,

Clément

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The .cia version is much faster, compared to the 3dsx. You will need CFW though.
Yes, but I'm 11.0 and I think we can't have a CFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The BIOS is like firmware. It's instructions for like how to read the games. If you use the three bin files and the cue, it should work. The CUE is instructions on how to run the BIN. The BIN is the actual game. It's sort of like .3DS and .CIA. Where ISO is CIA and BIN+CUE are 3DS.
Thank you ! But that's normal when I run the CUE file, it starts the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All right, hopefully I'm not too late.
Where I got my stuff, they're in .ecm files.
Most of them were .bin.ecm files.
All you need to do is get an ecm to bin converter and convert them, then rename the data.bin to whatever the game is. The other files shouldn't be necessary.
Good luck. :)

Also: Most games won't run well if not on CFW/.cia
In the retroarch thread, they recommended changing the audio sync off, which does make a significant fps boost.
Without CFW, games will run about 12-15 fps, with the audio desync and frameskip on 1, it runs more like 17 fps iirc. But with cfw and the .cia pcsxrearmed, it runs more like 30-60 fps.
Thank you ! I had thought but I had not looked. And thank you for the explanations :)

Last edited by Clément,
Reactions: Biovirulent

Clément

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you just run the CUE file. It's just instructions for the emulator (or console, or anything dealing with discs) on what to do with the BIN file(s).
But when I start the CUE file, it starts the game, and not the information about the game.

Last edited by Clément,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's absolutely no point trying this is you don't have CFW because the emulator requires dynarec to get playable speeds, which requires CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm