1. Cvanderhoef

OP Cvanderhoef Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently got a PSTV with RetroArch already installed and it started spewing out an error when I tried starting it so I reinstalled Retroarch. Now it works but with a few issues. First, after I scan the directory for files and it adds the system to the left hand column, any time I try loading a game from there it just closes the application. If I go to Load Content and pick a game it works...but only for Atari 2600 and NES games. I tried 32X, Virtual Boy, and SNES games and it just exits out of the application. Any idea?

Hologram likes this.
  2. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
  3. Cvanderhoef

OP Cvanderhoef Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Gotcha, I didn't realize the newest version of Retroarch caused issues with loading content. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Last edited by Cvanderhoef, May 15, 2021
  4. Cvanderhoef

OP Cvanderhoef Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any idea where I can find version 1.8.9? I searched all over the internet and can't find it. Maybe someone has a copy of it?

5. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
  6. Cvanderhoef

OP Cvanderhoef Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  7. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    When you downgrade, it's better to uninstall before installing... but you can still have configuration file problem. You have to reset it manually. You can do that from retroarch, or delete .cfg in data/retrovita folder

8. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Make playlists on PC then transfer to folder on USB. I do this for all my playlists and they work. Retroarch then Show desktop menu then make your title. Drag and drop your set and dont change any settings as you edit playlist with notpad++.

Even easier make playlists on PC blank - Load retroarch on ps mini and go to manage playlist, select system, select core and thats it all games will run with that core.

Last edited by Hologram, May 16, 2021
  9. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Retroarch 1.9.4 is out and Playstation TV issues seems to be fixed (tested with dualshock 4). Arcade roms loading time seems to have been improved too so a good upgrade since 1.8.9

MKKhanzo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playstation, Retroarch, Issue