Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
What's the current state of the .cia builds? Which ones support dynarec and which ones don't? Is that one bug where you can't load three ROMs in one session present in the .cia too?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's the current state of the .cia builds? Which ones support dynarec and which ones don't? Is that one bug where you can't load three ROMs in one session present in the .cia too?

Current state: most are broken on N3DS due to the way memory is accessed. Aliaspider knows about it. On O3DS they should be fine. Only Picodrive (32x and SVP games only), PCSX, and gpSP support dynamic recompilers, as far as I know, and the rest don't. No clue about the 3 ROMs thing.

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting catsfc to run nice now that I'm running on a 3ds with kernel access, but I'm still using Blarg to run my snes games. And no I wasn't using Catsfc plus by accident. I can't even run super mario world. :/

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Current state: most are broken on N3DS due to the way memory is accessed. Aliaspider knows about it. On O3DS they should be fine. Only Picodrive (32x and SVP games only), PCSX, and gpSP support dynamic recompilers, as far as I know, and the rest don't. No clue about the 3 ROMs thing.
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm on an O3DS, sorry for not being clear enough. I assume PCSX runs slow as molasses on that. How's the speed on gpSP? Do games run decently on that or should I resort to a patched AGB_FIRM? I'd rather have savestates and whatnot but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

One more question - are saves/savestates implemented in fMSX?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
FYI: About before mentioned (in some post) save files latest issue, I've noticed that Retroarch cores actually trying to save/load directly from root of SD, in spite of predeterminated folder configuration.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm on an O3DS, sorry for not being clear enough. I assume PCSX runs slow as molasses on that. How's the speed on gpSP? Do games run decently on that or should I resort to a patched AGB_FIRM? I'd rather have savestates and whatnot but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

It should run fine with dynarec on. You could just try it ya know.
FYI: About before mentioned (in some post) save files latest issue, I've noticed that Retroarch cores actually trying to save/load directly from root of SD, in spite of predeterminated folder configuration.
Seems to be fixed now.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Since pleb answered your other questions (on O3DS I'd go with AGB_FIRM, if you can stand the slightly washed out colours, but that's just me), I'll answer this one. No, fMSX doesn't have any sort of saving (either states or to disks) implemented yet.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It should run fine with dynarec on. You could just try it ya know.

Seems to be fixed now.
I know, but I'm still new to the whole .cia installation thing, so I thought I'd ask first. I'll try to test things out on my own in the future though, hahah.

Since pleb answered your other questions (on O3DS I'd go with AGB_FIRM, if you can stand the slightly washed out colours, but that's just me), I'll answer this one. No, fMSX doesn't have any sort of saving (either states or to disks) implemented yet.
While the washed out colors are slightly annoying I think I can deal with them. And I see, I'm looking forward to saves being added on a future build of fMSX.

Thank you for the answers!

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SNES emulators don't use dynarec.
I thought it would have still had some type of improvement. But I guess I just have no grasp on how this kernel/no kernel s**t works. So basically, I still have to wait for that gspwn thing to come out to see new speed improvements? Because even gpsp runs barely any faster than it used to. Pokemon was at like 20FPS.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought it would have still had some type of improvement. But I guess I just have no grasp on how this kernel/no kernel s**t works. So basically, I still have to wait for that gspwn thing to come out to see new speed improvements? Because even gpsp runs barely any faster than it used to. Pokemon was at like 20FPS.

Gspwn still won't change your performance much (if anything, I imagine it might be slightly worse than a full-on dynarec, but I don't have any facts on that yet). The O3DS runs at 268mhz, and can't become any faster than that. Dynarecs are great, but they're not miracles.

Last edited by daxtsu,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gspwn will not speed up SNES emulation as it doesn't use dynarec

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, please read the OP...

I don't get that.
You don't see it in the video? Or you see it in the video and aren't experiencing that on your 3ds? If you aren't seeing that, I wonder what the difference is for me. I tried deleting the configs and that didn't help...

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't see it in the video? Or you see it in the video and aren't experiencing that on your 3ds? If you aren't seeing that, I wonder what the difference is for me. I tried deleting the configs and that didn't help...
This one: "Or you see it in the video and aren't experiencing that on your 3ds?"

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one: "Or you see it in the video and aren't experiencing that on your 3ds?"
Hmmm then I wonder what it could be on my end. Has anything changed in the last two weeks with how CatSFC renders to the screen? Is there a setting I should be changing? If you fire up regular CatSFC (the video is on CatSFC+), the issue is even more pronounced....

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm then I wonder what it could be on my end. Has anything changed in the last two weeks with how CatSFC renders to the screen? Is there a setting I should be changing? If you fire up regular CatSFC (the video is on CatSFC+), the issue is even more pronounced....
Well I use the regular CatSFC and don't see it at all.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Make sure you have vsync turned on, if it's off. The only way I can get Super Metroid to do that is if vsync is off.

Edit: On a different note, the CIA builds are working again, so grab the 10-21 build.

Last edited by daxtsu,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have vsync turned on, if it's off. The only way I can get Super Metroid to do that is if vsync is off.

Edit: On a different note, the CIA builds are working again, so grab the 10-21 build.
For me gpsp is working using the newest build but it says game config missing when i load up games and i have it inside of the roms folder. Just wondering if that is normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: