Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think radius4 from libretro team said that snes9x does not support save states. And this is normal as even their cores on other platforms some do not support certain features like others. Its no fault of retroarch itself but the core developers have to implement it.
I don't think so. The original snes9x has support for save states.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@mikimusone Nope. I believe this is a matter of a RetroArch feature which adjusts its cores to run at the Hz expected by the platform running the system. While we usually talk about NTSC games running at 60Hz and PAL games running at 50Hz, we're really generalizing because they actually all run somewhere in the range of those values and TVs are able to adjust to match the console's refresh rate (within reason). So maybe an NTSC SNES refreshes at a rate point four of a percent faster than a 3DS screen. Instead of skipping .4% of all frames, RetroArch will just slow down the emulated SNES so that it refreshes at the 3DS's rate. It's such a small difference that nobody is likely to notice the change without some kind of external hardware checking the framerate for them.

However, what you're seeing there is that you're running a PAL version game (~50Hz as the message stated) on a ~60Hz screen (the 3DS). This is a huge gap, so RetroArch leaves the emulated refresh rate alone at ~50Hz rather than speeding up the game. You might see a bit of frame juddering because the 3DS still has to display 60 frames per second but the core is only providing 50, so 10 of those 50 frames will just have to display twice.

On the subject of Terranigma, I'd recommend applying this patch which adjusts the ROM header to specify that it's a US cart and patches out the region lock. It means the game will run at 60Hz and this will look much better on the 3DS (and play at the intended gameplay speed, as the PAL release wasn't optimized to account for the 50/60Hz difference). There's essentially no reason to play the game at 50Hz. Incidentally, this game seems to work pretty well on blargSNES. I only tried it for a couple of minutes, but unless it breaks later, you'd be better off there instead of RetroArch.

For clarity, there's no setting you can change to fix the current scaling behavior in RetroArch 3DS. That's just a result of it being very early software that's not fully functional yet.

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to see Starfox and Starfox 2 running, but alas too slow to be enjoyable, playable but not fun at that speed! Using New 3DS.

Picodrive crashed for me, but genesis_plus_gx_libretro is awesome... am playing Sonic 3 Complete as per my tradition of completing sonic 3 on every deviceI can run it on! ^_^

Reactions: teampleb

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can someone tell me the reason for this error: "Assertion failed at griffin/../audio_driver.c:447." Cause happened with many games and i have to make a hard reboot

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Seriously hope they Port 'njemu_cps2_libretro' for other Device Builds :D . Then can use MAME Rom Hacks. But for NeoGeo need NJEmu MVSPSP. They just need to use 2.3.5 for latest Features and RomSets

Hmm I think that's a though one, njemu has a lot of PSP specific code as far as I understand, it has full hardware acceleration and memory paging.

Anyone know how much of a priority fixing the screen tearing is? It's pretty much my only major gripe with this emulator.

I asked aliaspider and he said he has not managed to implement vsync in the manner he intends to, but I think he's working on it.

The MAME emulator on Retroarch will be ported?

Mainline is highly unlikely... it's a memory hog and consoles (and portable consoles) don't really have RAM to spare. Maybe 078 or imame4all could be possible

I don't think so. The original snes9x has support for save states.

catSFC doesn't have SRAM saving from my testing. Save states should work fine

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW, catsfc already performs very well, it's much better than BlargSNES already. Running it through Ninjhax 2.1 on my 9.0.0.20U N3DS produces some seriously impressive results. Once the options and interface are polished up a bit, (and 3D slider enabled, even if there is no actual 3D layer effect) it will be perfect!

cdesign

Trophies
XP
Country
France
coinblock, you are using a 2.1 ninjhax on the same firmaware i have.
What custom firmware do you use to still use cia's? or how do you switch from 1.1b to 2.1?
Thanks , i m still stuck on this ! can t try those emulators...

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how do all do to launch those emulators? no one here use ninjhax 1.1b ?
I don't think they work in Ninjhax 1.x, you need 2.x.

What custom firmware do you use to still use cia's? or how do you switch from 1.1b to 2.1?
I think all you'd have to do is have Ninjhax 1.x in one save slot & 2.x in another. I'm not sure though.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country

My sysnand firmware is 9.0.0.20U with the mset exploit and cubic ninja cia installed to the system menu. From there, I can launch Reinand and enter my 9.5 GW emunand, or go back into sysnand with sig checks patched and launch ninjhax 2.1b. If for whatever reason the exploit gets uninstalled, I can re-install it from the dstwo in my card slot. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but the best solution I could come up with for now.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I repeat: Can someone tell me the reason for this error: "Assertion failed at griffin/../audio_driver.c:447." Cause happened with many games and i have to make a hard reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv