Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That said, since the latest nightly it's unable to read or write any savefiles and states. Guess I'll just go back to the previous one unless someone has a solution?
Besides this problem, this bugged version was running CTR very nice. The new one can save, but it seems worse on the go (CTR, again). Do not misunderstand me, I'm really grateful!

Boigahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the boring question, but does anyone have FDS games working on the FCEUmm? No matter what I do, I just get "ROM loading failed..." I've tried several FDS BIOSes and several games, and nothing will work.

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I'm playing through pokemon adventures red. And while I am enjoying it, I'm having some issues. The levels for enemy trainer pokemon are too freaking high. Right now I'm at pewter gym. Everyone has pokemon at level 15. Mine are level 10 or lower. So I'm getting my butt kicked. The wild pokemon levels are 3,4,5. Meaning that using them to train my pokemon up to level 15 would take forever. Especially with no fast forward button. :(
The whole idea of this game is to be a bit more tactial, as it's not always the case that you're going to be higher levels than the people who you are facing. I suggest catching pokemon that give you a high chance of a type advantage against various trainers. If go west when you're in Viridian City, as if you're going to Victory Road, you can catch a Nidoran that hopefully knows peck, a strength against the pokemon in that gym. Also tied with Bulbasaur who also knows grass moves, you should have a chance at winning the fights. Bulbasaur also learns sleep powder early on which can be very useful. When training, remember to use exp share and give it to different pokemon in your team so they are all around the same level. This is definitely a harder pokemon game but it is a lot of fun.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the boring question, but does anyone have FDS games working on the FCEUmm? No matter what I do, I just get "ROM loading failed..." I've tried several FDS BIOSes and several games, and nothing will work.

It's not worked on mine also. I guess they will get round to it at some point.

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, use Poliwhirl.

So 09-28's nightly build for PCSX seems to be my best bet. Got through an hour of Valkyrie Profile last night. As to my crashing problem from earlier, am I the only one to have experienced that? Seems odd that it wasn't reported by anyone else.

And 10-2's nightly build has rear touch pad support? That was probably what was causing my menus to be nonresponsive and twitchy. I'll wait for a later build and see how that goes. Although as of now, I'm still wondering how to map shoulder buttons to the C stick. I know there's an option to use analog sticks in the menu, but I'm not sure sure how to do individual button mapping. Is this doable?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people need to get used to holding their Vita properly. It's a rear touchpad. If you touch it, it does stuff.

It's tempting to get one of these grips that add L2 and R2 as tactile buttons. https://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

ive tried a few over the years ... OLED VITA
i used the trigger grips for a while
BUT i found these to be the best
»
Accessories
»

http://www.play-asia.com/dreamgear-comfort-grip-black/13/704sh1

AND

it what i use anyway .. :)

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

add some others screens and ico

2016-10-02-165556.jpg2016-10-02-165607.jpg2016-10-02-165604.jpg 2016-10-02-165617.jpg2016-10-02-165610.jpg 2016-10-02-165613.jpg 2016-10-02-165601.jpg 2016-10-02-165620.jpg

link for download. is there all emu bg what i have
https://files.fm/u/hxqrzcba#_
update some bad file before, 6MB file is right

little instruction for using
instruction.jpg

Last edited by FX3200,

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to disable the rear touchpad support in the menus? It's extremely annoying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

D

Deleted User

I think people need to get used to holding their Vita properly. It's a rear touchpad. If you touch it, it does stuff.

I've tried since I got it 3 years ago but still I can't. I just can't handle it normally without touching the sensitive surface. My finger hurts in less than 10 minutes otherwise :/

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people need to get used to holding their Vita properly.
It's a 1000. I can't not touch the rear pad. I'm curious as to what the appropriate method is.

I was thinking the same thing. There are spots on the back of the ps vita where you rest your fingers at so you don't touch the rear touchpad.
If you're telling me I'm supposed to curl my fingers up on the edges, I don't even know how you'd think that's comfortable. I get immediate discomfort, and you're probably more likely to experience pain before long.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 1000. I can't not touch the rear pad. I'm curious as to what the appropriate method is.

If you're telling me I'm supposed to curl my fingers up on the edges, I don't even know how you'd think that's comfortable. I get immediate discomfort, and you're probably more likely to experience pain before long.

$20
vita is hard work without them...
or spider fingers lol
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls