Homebrew RetroArch-Hexaeco Emulators

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had download build date May 25 2021 from Retroarch. It is the emulator with the Sega 32x suport. I had test Doom WAD files with this emulator and it was ask me for Core settings and the game was starting and working. The same works with fan packs for Doom, like WolfenDoom WAD files. Now comes the big question. I will play Blake Stone MS-Dos, its a Wolf3D clone with improved engine, maybe someone can remember this great game. When I try to start Wolf3D files it ask me the same for what a Core setting I want and it show me the Retroarch option for using the Wolf3D engine. But this one is not working. It ask me for ECWolf, but it do not start, even not the original Wolfenstein 3D files. But Doom WADS works, so I am wonder why ?
Is it possible to add more Wolf3D engine cores, so the Blake Stone game will be work ? This would fix many problem. Currently it only works on my Wii with DosBox emulator, but its to slow. Retroarch is new for me, so my knowledge is zero. I use mostly standalone emulators.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the MAME 2003 Plus stand-alone emulator @RunningSnakes, I just installed it and the forwarder this evening. I'm currently downloading the MAME 2003 Plus Reference Set from Archive.org and was wondering if the script from this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...screen-resolution-configuration-files.538198/ will extract the working roms and put them in their respective folders for each core? I thought I saw something about that here on the forums but thought I'd check if I am correct in thinking that.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, @Wiimpathy set that up to extract to Core folders, a lot of grunt work. There will be thousands of ROMs left over. For those EXTRA ROMs, use the compatibility reference lists I uploaded.

Reactions: Charco

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
That's great news, I'm sure it was a lot of work. I'll use that script so and check the compatability list for the extra roms to curate my set. Thanks!

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy Advance mGBA updated to latest SuperrSonic 0.9.2 release. All other emulators are untouched. In my testings no improvements were made to other cores or unstable.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Game Boy Advance mGBA updated to latest SuperrSonic 0.9.2 release. All other emulators are untouched. In my testings no improvements were made to other cores or unstable.
Did @SuperrSonic updated RA-HEXAECO again or are you referring to official standalone Wii port of mGBA 0.9.2?

EDIT: I just figured out that @SuperrSonic released a new RA-HEXAECO version, i will download it.
In the link in the description of this video:

Last edited by SaulFabre,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, SuperSonic updated. mGBA it seems to me is the only improvement. Handy (Atari Lynx), WonderSwan, Pokemon I were updated also but all 3 are unstable (Freezing - Code Dump).

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@RunningSnakes Are you sure that the pokemini core and others are still crashing?
Because i tested that new update of PokeMini core and it's working and now it doesn't freeze when press the HOME button.

@SuperrSonic told this fix in a update:
Code:
November 5, 2021
-Removed: fbneo_cps1
-Added: fbneo_cps12cavepacgal - includes cps1/cps2/cave/20pacgal

November 4, 2021
-Updated: fbneo_cps1 to have all games compatible.
-Updated: mgba to have integrated sharp GX scale. (Set height to 2x)
-Bugfix: no vsync cores work again. (wswan, handy, pokemini)
-Added: gpsp core, useless/full of visual glitches and audio inaccuracies.

Please test again these cores... Because at least with PokeMini i don't have any trouble now

EDIT: Now i have another issue... PokeMini core now won't save states nor load states. What's going on?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried Pokemini, WonderSwan, Handy and all boot games fine. The problem is all will crash after playing 10-15 seconds into play and also running at 76-78 FPS. Going back to previous versions, I am experiencing no issues. They are known problem cores obviously since SuperrSonic keeps twerking these.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, I tried Pokemini, WonderSwan, Handy and all boot games fine. The problem is all will crash after playing 10-15 seconds into play and also running at 76-78 FPS. Going back to previous versions, I am experiencing no issues. They are known problem cores obviously since SuperrSonic keeps twerking these.
That's strange my friend @RunningSnakes, i played a bit Pokémon Race Mini in the PokeMini core of RA-HEXAECO r05-11-2021 and it played fine, it didn't crash anytime, (i was in argument mode as i make it with SRLs xD), only issue i found was that the savestates wasn't working (i was not able to save nor load savestates).

But if that issues still complain you, then @SuperrSonic might need to fix them. I recently opened a issue in his GitHub with the savestates issue.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, earlier versions of Hexaeco works great using Pokemini, Handy, WonderSwan cores. The last 2 releases 07-11-21 & 11-05-21 are problematic for those cores.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They are known problem cores obviously since SuperrSonic keeps twerking these.

Oh my...!

Ahem- I have several older versions of RA-SS up to September of 2020, if for some reason someone needs them. It's good to know those cores are better on older releases, I'll swap them later. Thanks for the information!

Edit: Hey, SuperrSonic updated RA-Hexaeco! the Mediafire Link shows it was updated on the Fifth of November, I will check it now.

Edit2: Apparently the cores you two were talking earlier were fixed, PokeMini, WonderSwan and Handy! Picodrive core seems the same, but a new one has been included named "fbneo_cps12cavepacgal" which the readme says "includes cps1/cps2/cave/20pacgal". So those cores are now in a all-in-one it seems?

And a sharper scale for mGBA.

If you read this: Thank you for your work, SuperrSonic!

Last edited by Maeson,

hsb083

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @SuperrSonic
I'm using the latest RA-Hexaeco, specifically the fbneo_cps12cavepacgal.dol core.
I'm trying to use cheats with this core, but I dont see any options for this. Specifically, I'm trying to add cheats for marvel vs capcom, with a cheat.dat file. I also, have .ini file for this. I've already used cheats for fbneo pc version of retroarch. but I don't see any option here, for this version. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I'm doing N64 channel now, then either PS1 or FBA will be next. I finished up Neo Geo Gold, CPS1 & CPS-2 Gold and YAWMM Gold channels and will be uploading them later tonight. If you have any ideas for FBA, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.
cave core too please, it supports VM? ang IGS hardware is supported too?

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cave is supported by the Final Burn Alpha emulator.
wich exact core i should load? there are too many FB. and wich forwarder? you have it for cave only?

im using FBcps12cave core one, but many games are not working example dodonpachi2, wich exact romset version i need for it? help

also have support for virtual memory for large roms?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wich exact core i should load? there are too many FB. and wich forwarder? you have it for cave only?

im using FBcps12cave core one, but many games are not working example dodonpachi2, wich exact romset version i need for it? help

also have support for virtual memory for large roms?
Original Post on the 1st page of this thread. There are 2 links, Emulators & Forwarder Channels. Download the Final Burn Alpha Emulator and (optional) download the Final Burn Channel.

The romset you are looking for is FBA 0.2.97.30, but other FBA romsets will indeed work.

Cave Working ROMs...
agallet.zip
ddonpach.zip
donpachi.zip
esprade.zip
feversos.zip
gaia.zip
hotdogst.zip
mazinger.zip
metmqstr.zip
sailormn.zip
uopoko.zip
theroes.zip

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Post on the 1st page of this thread. There are 2 links, Emulators & Forwarder Channels. Download the Final Burn Alpha Emulator and (optional) download the Final Burn Channel.

The romset you are looking for is FBA 0.2.97.30, but other FBA romsets will indeed work.

Cave Working ROMs...
agallet.zip
ddonpach.zip
donpachi.zip
esprade.zip
feversos.zip
gaia.zip
hotdogst.zip
mazinger.zip
metmqstr.zip
sailormn.zip
uopoko.zip
theroes.zip
those roms cave
agallet.zip
ddonpach.zip
donpachi.zip
esprade.zip
feversos.zip
gaia.zip
hotdogst.zip
mazinger.zip
metmqstr.zip
sailormn.zip
uopoko.zip
theroes.zip

are the only cave games that works on wii? there is a way to run the other cave roms from mame core instead?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arnold101

I believe those are the only Cave games working (Parent ROMs). They are running through FBA core provided as the default core. PGM and PSIKYO cores are included...

PGM compatible ROMs...
drgw2.zip
espgal.zip
kov.zip
kovplus.zip
orlegend.zip
olds.zip
puzzli2.zip

PSIKYO compatible ROMs...
dragnblz.zip
gnbarich.zip
gunbird.zip