Retroarch(gpsp) crashes when selecting to load from sdmc

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Spiderkid08, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Spiderkid08
    OP

Spiderkid08 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2016
    United States
    title

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Do you have a bios image?

3. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    this was happening to me on the 1.4.0 stable version from last night, but I had to change it to an older 1.4.0 stable. (the menu was even reverted) However, I still get crashes on fire emblem games, so I had to resort to directly installing a GBA .cia for that game. GPSP still won't crash on pokemon emerald, though... (but I haven't played it much)

4. coinblock

coinblock GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2015
    Don't bother with Retroarch gpSP until they've fixed the dynarec crashing, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for more frustration. Use VC injects instead.

TimX24968B likes this.
  5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I would say otherwise. With vsynch enabled, filters, and enough save states, gpsp far surpasses the quality of the vc injects. No ghosting, higher brightness, sleep mode, and of course savestates. I also dont have to put it on the home menu, saving me spave towards the 300 app limit. Saves can also be easily extracted and used on other emulators by just copy and pasting.

6. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    There was a VC cia for fire emblem I found that said it had no ghosting in it though. Gpsp crashes constantly with it, too. On O3ds, some settings have to be turned down, such as audio sync in order to help deal with the lag.

7. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Well i mean on n3ds, obviously o3ds struggles with most emulation. It also doesn't crash too often, mainly sometimes when i leave a pokemon battle. Mother 3 runs like a dream though, and that game is incompatible with a lot of the gba vc patches.