Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... is anyone else getting crashes in gpSP on 2DS/o3DS when the DSP audio driver is enabled, or is it just me? Running the CIA version, if that helps.

EDIT: crashes seem to be happening with the CSND driver as well. :(

Last edited by kenseiden,

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
So... is anyone else getting crashes in gpSP on 2DS/o3DS when the DSP audio driver is enabled, or is it just me? Running the CIA version, if that helps.

EDIT: crashes seem to be happening with the CSND driver as well. :(

The crashes have been going on in gpSP for some time... They're probably related to the dynarec, as others in the thread have suggested. No word on this yet...? @aliaspider @Radius4 @LibretroRetroArc

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The crashes have been going on in gpSP for some time... They're probably related to the dynarec, as others in the thread have suggested. No word on this yet...? @aliaspider @Radius4 @LibretroRetroArc

I know that, but the point I wanted to make was that they're now occurring on 2DS/o3DS, whereas before I'd been experiencing these crashes mainly on New 3DS.

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've installed the RetroArch Neo Geo Emulator, runs very well on my N3DS XL. Now i have a question, is it possible to enable autofire on some buttons?
And how are the cheats working, i'm not able to load a cheat file. I have downloaded cheats for Final Burn Alpha, the .ini files are in the "cheat" folder on the DS Card (/retroarch/cheats).

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was asked before, but 243 pages is to much to read.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know that, but the point I wanted to make was that they're now occurring on 2DS/o3DS, whereas before I'd been experiencing these crashes mainly on New 3DS.

Interesting! Just a few pages back I asked @aliaspider about gpsps crashes and he told me it isn't crashing on o3DS, but only on N3DS, which he can't fix because he has no N3DS.
But if crashes also happen on o3DS, perhaps you could indeed fix it @aliaspider ??

Reactions: kenseiden

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Technically, Gambatte should be the best solution as it is by far the most accurate GB emulator. Byuu even uses it as a basis in Higan, I believe.

Of course, other factors such as screen resolution do make the DS appealing. I prefer playing Master System games on my DSi XL because the screen resolution is a 1:1 match.
But Gambette sounds much much worse than Gameyob or Lameboy on the DS. So it doesnt matter if Gambette is the far most accurate GB emulator or not. The bad sound is still there :P

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
But Gambette sounds much much worse than Gameyob or Lameboy on the DS. So it doesnt matter if Gambette is the far most accurate GB emulator or not. The bad sound is still there :P
if it is sounding bad, then it is certainly my fault and not gambatte's :D
I'm not experiencing that bad sound though, but then again I have only tested a couple of games with it.
can you give me some examples of games that have it? someone already mentioned mario's tennis I think.

Last edited by aliaspider,
Reactions: SLiV3R

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country

Yep. Just don't get your hopes up. It seems like the devs don't want to even acknowledge that this problem exists despite being brought up on probably every page of this thread.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
if it is sounding bad, then it is certainly my fault and not gambatte's :D
I'm not experiencing that bad sound though, but then again I have only tested a couple of games with it.
can you give me some examples of games that have it? someone already mentioned mario's tennis I think.

Cool, thanx for the response.

When you do this audiotesting you will hear the errors in the audio much more significant in headphones or with external speakers.

Unfortunately, I dont have any old original GB hardware left as reference testing. So I compared Gameyob DS to Gambatte 3DS with three games: Batman GB, Solar Striker GB & Mario Golf GBC. In Gambatte 3DS there is this weird clipping sound. It appears here and there. But I think it is the very same audioclipping issue that makes it sound bad all the time. Try to listen to the Batman GB ambience intro. You cant miss it there :)

It could be some timing issue or perhaps one audiochannel that isnt emulated/implemented correctly.

But as a matter of fact, when I listen very careful, I hear something similar in GameYobs audio. But the clipping in Gameyob DS is so silent so it is very difficult to recognize it.

If this audio issue would get fixed, the Gambatte 3DS would be better than any GB emulation on the DS. By the simple fact that the 3DS has higher resolution and therefore the games looks better and smoother upscaled :)

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
those same audio problem don't happen with the gambatte core on the desktop version of retroarch I assume ?
since "It could be some timing issue or perhaps one audiochannel that isnt emulated/implemented correctly. " isn't something I would expect anyone would say about gambatte xD.

Edit: you don't have the audio resampler set to nearest I assume ?
Edit2: Can you test the next build on the bot and tell me if it is any better ?
(I just made the change so it will probably take an hour or so for the next build to show up.)

Last edited by aliaspider,
Reactions: SLiV3R

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to clear things.
@ahezard released a new update of bootstrap, and a lot of DS emulators works:
Gameyob
NeoDS
NesDS
Nitrografx (thats right, now you can play Rondo of Blood right on your o3ds at full speed).

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does the Super Game Boy run on any of the SNES cores? And if so, how does it work? I miss the special borders like how Pokemon Trading Card Game displayed your badges and such.:)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Quick question, does the Super Game Boy run on any of the SNES cores? And if so, how does it work? I miss the special borders like how Pokemon Trading Card Game displayed your badges and such.:)
The Snes cores themselves don't support it. Gambatte does, but only the SGB colour mode itself, not the borders.

I think Gameyob supports the borders.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Just don't get your hopes up. It seems like the devs don't want to even acknowledge that this problem exists despite being brought up on probably every page of this thread.

It's not really that big of a deal for me, honestly, haha. I have other ways of playing GBA games (including Retroarch on other devices) so for me, whatever I do here is mostly bug-finding and hopefully helping others out however I can.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clear things.
@ahezard released a new update of bootstrap, and a lot of DS emulators works:
Gameyob
NeoDS
NesDS
Nitrografx (thats right, now you can play Rondo of Blood right on your o3ds at full speed).

In the immortal words of Gary Coleman, "Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" Did someone find a way to run DS code on a 3DS, without needing a flash cart? Come to think of it, I heard rumors that there was a way to launch DSi games (maybe DS games too?) from the home menu. I need to find more information about this... now that I'm on ARM9loader this stuff is more interesting to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.