Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'm having a strange error, both FCEUMM and Nestopia are unable to load any ROMS whatsoever. It finishes loading and at the last second hangs on SET_GEOMETRY: 256x224

I deleted the configs and reinstalled. Running stable build CIAs. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it should be made clear and obvious in the OP that 1.3.3 Stable remains the recommended Retroarch version. For people who don't follow the scene daily, this fact is not obvious and most people will quite reasonably try newer stable builds and expect them to work (not realising that the stable builds are themselves just snapshots). It needs to be made more clear that 1.3.3 Stable is the newest that people should go.

It's a shame that nobody else has picked up the reins during aliaspider's absence. The Vita version has arguably taken over the 3DS version now, supporting more cores and now even utiliising the XMB interface. Once the Vita version gets dynarec support, it really will pull ahead of the 3DS version. The current 3DS builds need bugfixing at the very least, then more investment into matching the Vita version's featureset.

elrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The PSX emulator isn't capable of improve or we will be able to see a good emulation someday in the future? I can't even play Megaman X4 in a decent framerate...

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put the pgm bios in with the roms or in the sys folder?
I'm about to try cave and pgm stuff myself, but I got sidetracked by JoJo on CPS3... which works at a very decent fps - I'm getting full speed on title screen, and varying between 48 and full speed in game (3dsx version, xml'd through youtube, n3ds).
View attachment 28825 View attachment 28827 View attachment 28828 View attachment 28829 View attachment 28830 View attachment 28831
Hey, what build did you take these screenshots on?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm using gpsp stable 1.3.3
For some reason, I just noticed that the Input mapping menu only hss buttons A and B available to remap, no L or R.

I played Metroid Fusion and the core automatically detects buttons Y as the GBA's button L and X as R, and there is no way to remap those, so I am stuck with using A and B instead of Y and B (Y=B and B=A) for comfort's sake.

Yeah somone "contributed" that, it shouldn't have been merged... what a pita.
Edit: I removed that hack, should be fine now.

BTW: the main dev just got a 3ds so hopefully we can fix the long outstanding issues.

Last edited by Radius4,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

BTW: the main dev just got a 3ds so hopefully we can fix the long outstanding issues.
I don't see how removing button remapping for buttons L/R/Start/Select would be a "contribution".
But oh well. xD

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Just saw your edits, do you mean you removed the hack from the original 1.3.3 stable or in the latest nightly?

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes. this is the global stuff I would like to see enhanced/fixed:
- gpsp dynarec
- general tearing
- enable the filters for genesis+gx (sound is way better than in picodrive, but picodrive have filters. :( )
- the strange 3D effect implemented with steveice.
- tweak more of psx emulator, to reach full speed if possible.

Easy to say, yes. I know it! xD
Once again, thanks to the whole team working on this huge project!

Reactions: SLiV3R and Usl5264
D

Deleted User

Question, does CPS3 work in the Final Burn Alpha core on 3DS? Earlier in the thread, someone posted screenshots of it running, but trying it now just doesn't boot the game and the menu leaves me with "No items."
Same thing is happening to me when I attempt to run JoJo's Venture.

Reactions: CrystalForce

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me if they know if any ps1 megaman games or spyro the dragon are playable/good on n3DS?

(I don't have a N3DS yet)

Mattaniel297

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman 8 or legends 2..?
From what I've tried on my n3DS:
Mega Man 8: 60 fps (50 on FMV), no slowdown in gameplay with frameskip = 1, scratchy sound, sped-up voice clips, a couple missing graphical effects I think
X4: 40-45 fps, has visual glitches, scratchy sound
Legends 2: 40-45 fps, scratchy sound
Sadly, 8 is one of the few PS1 games that runs at full speed. If you're wondering, it runs at about 45 fps on o3DS (make sure to disable audio sync and use frameskip). A PSP is much better for playing PS1 games.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?