Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is Gambattle the only GB/GBC emulator ATM?
I tried that one but the DX (or coloured) hacks do not display properly. :/
Which is something Gameyob did flawlessly but that one is fucking up randomly on 2.5 :P
lol yes. I'm sorry i haven't been paying attention to this emulator which one are you using?

Lol I'm using the MAME 2000 emulator

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yay Galaga works :)

Attachments

• 1446954950420843275784.jpg
    1446954950420843275784.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 256

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it's a bug or I'm doing it wrong, but: playing The Punisher and I wanna be Nick Fury. I don't get to pick. Can only player 2 be Fury? Is there any way to set yourself as P2 instead of P1?

Definitely a bug: Don't know if it's known, but when you set your input binds to N/A (port #1) you can't control anything because the 3DS no longer works, even in the menu. Any way this could be changed to only effect controls in game?

Speaking of player 2, are there any plans of doing wireless multiplayer for this? Being able to trade pokemon in gameboy games or go head to head with some buddies in an arcade game would be sweet.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Can only player 2 be Fury? Is there any way to set yourself as P2 instead of P1?
Yeah, P1 is Punisher, P2 is Nick Fury. Currently the player 2 inputs aren't working in RetroArch 3DS, so you can't play as player two/Nick Fury.
Definitely a bug: Don't know if it's known, but when you set your input binds to N/A (port #1) you can't control anything because the 3DS no longer works, even in the menu. Any way this could be changed to only effect controls in game?
Arguably not a bug but doing exactly what is intended; setting the input to no device results in having no device to input with. This feature deliberately effects both the menu and the core, not sure if this will be changed to benefit the 3DS only as it likely has more usefulness elsewhere.
It's the 3DSX version.
I think you need to use the CIA versions for dynarec support, as far as I know only gpSP has dynarec enabled in 3dsx currently.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I open the retroarch neogeo, it says "unsupported version, update your payload", but I'm using hax 2.5. wtf
The hax 2.5 payloads have been updated a couple of times since it first released... I got that same error message yesterday, downloaded the latest hb starterkit from here, reinstalled the Ironhax 2.5 payload, retroarch worked again ;)

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I guess this means I always have to be Leonardo as well...
This has been mentioned before in this thread - Roms for games that were 4 player machines in the arcade will default to one of the characters (based on which joystick each player used on the hardware), but these machines often had a 2 player variant hardware that allowed character selection... there will be a different rom you can use for these.

Reactions: Azel and Vague Rant

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm experiencing an issue with FBA_full. It's the same problem I had last weekend, where it wasn't detecting CSND and was defaulting to DSP. Using DSP seems to decrease the fps by around 10fps compared to how it works with CSND, plus DSP sounds awful at present.
All the steps I took to remedy the issue the last time it occurred haven't worked this time, and even rolling back to the builds from last weekend (including Daxtsu's original test build) still haven't fixed it.
All other cores I'm using are using CSND as normal (I've not tried Mame).
The only thing in my setup that has changed since last weekend has been updating the Ironhax 2.5 payload to the new version Smea released this week, which all the new builds required to even load.

FBA_CSND_error.png

Is anyone else experiencing this?
N3dsxl, Ironhax 2.5, Masher's Grid Launcher b103 (also tried with default launcher), 3dsx builds from current nightly.

Last edited by duwen,

NintendoGuy128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm hopeless with getting MAME to work on this thing. I know how to run MAME on Wii easily, and can run CPS2, SNES, NES, MD, and most other emulator on 3DS fine, yet I am completely lost on how to run it on 3DS. I'll break down my questions into one post as not to clutter this thread:

Q1. How do I run MAME without it freezing?

Q2. How do I create an XML file, what should I name it and where should I put it?

All I want to do is play some Simpsons arcade. Again, I'm sorry for being a nuisance, and if this has been answered elsewhere I apologized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. If it helps with getting the answers, I am using a New 3DS XL with firmware 10.1.27E, and have Ninjhax, Ironhax and Homemenuhax available to use. Thanks.

Last edited by NintendoGuy128,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm experiencing an issue with FBA_full. It's the same problem I had last weekend, where it wasn't detecting CSND and was defaulting to DSP.

[...]

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I just asked aliaspider about this. You're not seeing an issue, that's just how it is. The 3DS's csnd service is only available under certain titles, so when you're specifically launching under something else like YouTube, Monster Hunter 4U, etc. you're losing access to the csnd service in the tradeoff. As such, it can't use csnd and defaults to the dsp driver instead. The only other option is to set it to null and have no sound at all.
Q1. How do I run MAME without it freezing?

Q2. How do I create an XML file, what should I name it and where should I put it?
I assume by "freezing" you're talking about red screens on startup? That's because the XML is how you as a user are telling the Homebrew Launcher to launch under another title, which is the only way for larger cores like MAME and FBA to run. Without the XML, it won't work.

An XML is just a plaintext file, you can create it in Notepad or whatever other similar text editors you have on your PC. You can just copy the code section of this post into your text editor and save it as [core name].xml and place it alongside the 3dsx for the core you're trying to run. For example, if you're trying to run mame2000_libretro.3dsx, you place your XML file in the same directory, named mame2000_libretro.xml.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought