Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The PSP is pretty flexible about this. I'm using 6.60 on all my systems, including a Playstation TV I've hacked to run the PSP front end. You have to load a Fast Recovery file every time you cold boot your system, but it's really not that big a deal.

This is, admittedly, off topic. It's hard for me to hold in my appreciation for this system, though!

Well you had to do it on a Nintendo 3DS Homebrew forum seems WAY off topic

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Like most emulation efforts, it essentially comes down to 'because we can', which I think is a perfectly acceptable reason!

Reactions: Azel

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
With regards to PSX emulation, I noticed that if I change the region from Auto to NTSC under core settings, the frame rate will increase by 2-3. What's weird is that even if I change region back to Auto or PAL, FPS doesn't go back down.

(N3DS XL, 10.1.0-27, NH2.5, .3dsx)

Last edited by NekoMichi,

phn08

Trophies
XP
Country
Golden Sun crashes frequently in gpSP with dynarec enabled. Runs fine so far without dynarec, but slows down in battles. The Lost Age has similar problems.
These two are probably the only games I've had issues with in gpSP so far, great work on the port!
N3DS, CIA build.

Reactions: RegularMoron

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there any reason why both mame078 and mame2003 are still being automatically built by the buildbot? They're identical, right? We only need one of those two plus Mame2000.

It's a mighty 10MB so may as well try to get the size of the archive down!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alot of them work, but not every single one. How do I tell rom sets apart and just what does that mean? How many rom sets are there for cps1?
There's a lot of CPS1 romsets; multiple FBA sets (for past versions - some roms will be different), multiple Mame sets (again different roms), WinKawaks (again some differences from Mame and FBA), etc...
Just stick to a legit, trusted, FBA romset (for 2.97.30+) - preferably compiled with CLRMamePro - and you'll be fine.

Last edited by duwen,

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of CPS1 romsets; multiple FBA sets (for past versions - some roms will be different), multiple Mame sets (again different roms), WinKawaks (again some differences from Mame and FBA), etc...
Just stick to a legit, trusted, FBA romset (for 2.97.30+) - preferably compiled with CLRMamePro - and you'll be fine.
But I'm looking for CPS1 roms.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But I'm looking for CPS1 roms.
...And you'll find them in the complete FBA romset or the complete Mame set. Just stick to the complete, verified, FBA set for use with the FBA cores and the complete, verified, Mame set for the mame cores - although some roms are interchangeable, a lot aren't.
Also, avoid trying to download individual roms from the majority of 'popular' rom sites, as you'll have no way of knowing what set they were created for.
The latest, verified, FBA set (finalburn 029736) is 12.6Gb, find and use that.

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the latest nightly build of Crash Bandicoot and still to no avail, the game crashes. I've tried with the configuration deleted as well as new saves. Running New 3DS on emunand.

Edit: It seems as though it only crashes when you're rolling around in the cage in a level.

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone really gotten MAME to work (any of the versions, it crashes with me)? I have a N3DS on 10.1.0.27U using on Ninjhax with the latest 2.5 payload fix from Smealum's Twitter.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone really gotten MAME to work (any of the versions, it crashes with me)? I have a N3DS on 10.1.0.27U using on Ninjhax with the latest 2.5 payload fix from Smealum's Twitter.
You aren't the first, and I reckon won't be the last, to ask this :lol:
Read the OP. About 2/3 of the way down is information about making an XML file, that will sort your problem out, assuming you have the correct roms. Remember you'll need to have certain files to get it working (an easy to obtain one is the recent youtube app)

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@GinOkami428 Are you using the xml file and MH4U/SSB demo ?

@drakorex, I really don't want to sound like and ass, and I think @Slasher115 would agree with me, this thread is about Retro Arch Nightlies, to give support with 3DS Retroarch nightlies/alpha version specific issues, other stuff is WAY out of the scope of this thread.

I'm not denying that running MAME when you're unfamiliar with it is tough though (we all started somewhere), but you need to test your roms on PC first and look for help on generally using MAME elsewhere (MAME forums?, google MAME Tutorial? in this day and age, believe me, the ressource is out there)

We did disclaim in the first post that you needed to know the system/emu you're trying to run before asking things here. (not because we're assh*les but because this thread is about "beta testing" (more like alpha testing) 3DS retroarch specific issues, not spoonfeeding end users about how to use the emulation cores. And don't get me wrong I'm not looking down on end users, but release candidates or final versions are what's aimed at them, not Nighlies at all)

That being said, Slasher and I did add a lot of general info in the OP, that is not 3DS specific and that applies to RetroArch on ANY platforms, because we knew that a lot of ppl willing to test and in turn help here would not necessarily be familiar with RetroArch in the first place.

@drakorex , it's nothing personal against you, what I'm saying is more of a general remark for everyone posting here because MAME and FBA are complicated enough to use to derail the whole thread from its aim/purpose, I think.

I don't wanna sound harsh, but devs do come here to check for bugs with us and help us with support, being met with 200 pages of questions on how to use MAME/FBA will turn them away which is why it isn't the focus of this thread.

(I also do think that answering the same unrelated questions over and over again on a daily basis contributes to turning normally helpful ppl into an assw*pes, kinda like the owner of the previous RA thread was at times)

That being said, I think we need to include in the first post a link to a good tutorial about MAME/FBA related stuff or even about other systems, if anyone can contribute something along those lines, Slasher or I will gladly add it in the OP and credit you :)

Last edited by Azel,
Reactions: duwen
D

Deleted User

How the hell do I get PSX emulator (I grabbed pcsx_rearmed_libretro.3dsx if I'm right) to work? I had those three "cores" (well, I grabbed SCPH7003.bin and renamed to SCPH5501 as it is said both are same). When I try to boot up one of .cue games, it still says:
"RetroArch
:: Failed to load content."
"RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor to run for at least 4096 frames."

Sorry if I'm a n00b. :/

I'm on New 3DS XL, 10.2 E. hax 2.5 with OoT3Dhax

Last edited by ,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm, weird, did you put the bios in retroarch/cores/system?

you have a bin and a cue ? (try to open the cue as text on pc and check if the name of your bin is right)

which game are you trying to run ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya