Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing my luck here, but Mednafen PCE Fast won't start and I was wondering if there was a fix for it. I keep getting audio errors ("RetroArch
: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist.") that freeze my New 3DS XL, but I don't know if there are any audio drivers or where I would put them if I had them. (Don't you love the exhaustively detailed instructions these emulators always come with? Heh.)

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
freezing on DKCR1 upon loading on my end for example.

not sure if it's game dependant.

I had background music rebooting or gone for a few seconds on catsfc too (when heavily loading savestates)

Reactions: RegularMoron

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: aliaspider and Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WOOOW SO GLAD IT WORKS :D

(can't test atm, gf hogging the n3DS...just started with wii u kernel exploit...kind of a freezing nightmare for me so far lol)

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Actually posted that as soon as KoF2003 booted, but it seems the game's corrupt (various graphical errors).
heh so it still wants more RAM ? damn!
at least it loads now xD.

other games work fine right ? the gfx glitches only affect those games that refused to boot before ?

Last edited by aliaspider,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heh so it still wants more RAM ? damn!
at least it loads now xD.

other games work fine right ? the gfx glitches only affect those games that refused to boot before ?
Yeah - I think kof2003 is possibly the biggest/most ram-hungry game in the romset, so it's a fair assumption that all neogeo titles will now at least boot.
I'll try one of the clones of 2003.

Is it running with dsp sound now? I noticed in the loading verbosity it loads csnd, dsp, null, then defaults to first audio driver. I'm impressed if it is running dsp as SvC is running at a steady 59.83fps with no glitching.
scr_6_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_6_BOTTOM.png

Last edited by duwen,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
just started with wii u kernel exploit...kind of a freezing nightmare for me so far lol)

I'm still trying to hold out for IOSU/emuNAND myself, not real keen on spoofing via version.bin.. >_<

Anyway, back on-topic, Gambatte's sound seems to randomly "pop" when it plays certain sounds, but it's not actually crackling. It's as if the volume of one of the sound channels is distorted, or something...

Reactions: Azel

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@duwen Your audio driver is probably still set to "ctr", which isn't a driver that exists any more, hence it checking them all and defaulting to the first. I think that means it's probably defaulting to csnd (it's first alphabetically, at least). You should go into Settings > Driver and set it to the one you want to use rather than leaving it on the non-existent "ctr".

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Is it running with dsp sound now? I noticed in the loading verbosity it loads csnd, dsp, null, then defaults to first audio driver. I'm impressed if it is running dsp as SvC is running at a steady 59.83fps.
not by default, if you get the audio driver list, that means that you don't have one selected yet and it will choose csnd by default ( the first one in that list).
If you want the dsp driver, you need to choose it in Settings-->Drivers->Audio Drivers. the dsp audio driver in retroarch is still experimental currently though and you would get better performance/stability with the csnd driver.

Reactions: duwen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not by default, if you get the audio driver list, that means that you don't have one selected yet and it will choose csnd by default ( the first one in that list).
If you want the dsp driver, you need to choose it in Settings-->Drivers->Audio Drivers. the dsp audio driver in retroarch is still experimental currently though and you would get better performance/stability with the csnd driver.
Thanks, that makes sense (I just posted screens on my last post) - ties up with what I'm seeing on the verbosity.

edit

Clones of kof2003 load but have the same issues as the parent rom.

Last edited by duwen,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
(cia n3DS emunand) (no bootlegs only parents used)
KOF2002 runs again.
KOF2003...yeah, the intro has effects, music, but no characters graphics, looks "ikuso" sfx from...err. (I'm not sure :x)
not title screen, loops sfx on the select screen, goes ingame, only the background is displayed :)
(kf2k3bla bootleg runs fine though, did a few match)
SVC runs fine as far as I can tell. (a first for me)
metal sug 5 runs fine as far as I can tell (a first fo me) (started mission 2 with no issues)

Is there a point to try .3DSX build ? would that help you ? or ram access is 100% the same there?

Reactions: aliaspider

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@duwen can you be more specific ? are you using cia or 3dsx?

I only tried kf2k3bl (boots to a screen check) and kf2k3bla (which works fine for me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.