Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Alef Wright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
good! i've downloaded a game but every time i try to open this game with mame 2000 it says it was faild to start an audio driver... i need some help please ;-;

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controls no longer work for me. I only mapped the UDLR buttons to the Circle Pad, and when starting any core, any buttons except the Circle Pad don't work. Even deleting the .cfg files doesn't fix the problem. Anything else I need to do?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good! i've downloaded a game but every time i try to open this game with mame 2000 it says it was faild to start an audio driver... i need some help please ;-;
What game is it? Did you try MAME 2003?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The controls no longer work for me. I only mapped the UDLR buttons to the Circle Pad, and when starting any core, any buttons except the Circle Pad don't work. Even deleting the .cfg files doesn't fix the problem. Anything else I need to do?
If you did delete the .cfg files and nothing happened try to delete the retroarch folder but first get any bios files you have out of there as well as any saves you want to keep. Then just re download the stable release and put the retroarch folder from it back on the root of your sd card. As far as what stable release to go with, I think 1.3.3 is the best right now as the later releases have a screen tearing problems (I have not tried the latest nightlies so I don't know if that was fixed).

Last edited by abelxcane,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did delete the .cfg files and nothing happened try to delete the retroarch folder but first get any bios files you have out of there as well as any saves you want to keep. Then just re download the stable release and put the retroarch folder from it back on the root of your sd card. As far as what stable release to go with, I think 1.3.3 is the best right now as the later releases have a screen tearing problems (I have not tried the latest nightlies so I don't know if that was fixed).
Still didn't fix the problem. :(
I'm using the CIA builds.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In case this has been missed, people using the mGBA core in Retroarch should really switch to using the official mGBA nightly build instead because LibRetro is NOT kept up to date with the latest mGBA nightly. That, and people should stick with Retroarch 1.3.3 anyway.

Use the mGBA development build from here instead,
https://mgba.io/downloads.html

Reactions: cvskid

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In case this has been missed, people using the mGBA core in Retroarch should really switch to using the official mGBA nightly build instead because LibRetro is NOT kept up to date with the latest mGBA nightly. That, and people should stick with Retroarch 1.3.3 anyway.

Use the mGBA development build from here instead,
https://mgba.io/downloads.html
I would do that if mGBA had the Full screen option.
For some reason, starting from a few builds before 0.4.0 the full screen option for the standalone mGBA is not working, it simply boxes it instead of covering the full screen.

I've been posting constantly with both endrift and LibRetro team, giving feedback but nothing so far.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For some reason, starting from a few builds before 0.4.0 the full screen option for the standalone mGBA is not working, it simply boxes it instead of covering the full screen.

I've been posting constantly with both endrift and LibRetro team, giving feedback but nothing so far.

The mGBA standalone is faster than the retroarch core (only on N3ds) because it adds threaded renderer, making it even faster than the vita version.

So I think its fair to give it a shot :)

Reactions: SLiV3R

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

That's strange, full screen is working perfectly for me using this .cia build from yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/endrift/status/763116553697005569

Pressing Y switches the modes, including to stretched full screen and AR-obeying full screen.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The mGBA standalone is faster than the retroarch core (only on N3ds) because it adds threaded renderer, making it even faster than the vita version.

So I think its fair to give it a shot :)
That's strange, full screen is working perfectly for me using this .cia build from yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/endrift/status/763116553697005569

Pressing Y switches the modes, including to stretched full screen and AR-obeying full screen.
Wait I got confused.
I thought we were talking about the Wii port, not the 3DS port haha, sorry.
I use mGBA through RetroArch on my Wii due to the full screen issue in the standalone build.

As for the 3DS port, how well does it run the games now?
I remember back in 1.3.6 it still had issues with FPS in games like SMA3 and Golden Sun.
Has speed been improved/dynarec been implemented?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: cvskid

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0