Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does anyone know if Snes9x Next and PCSX Rearmed have or will have a dynarec option implemented?

PCSX already uses a dynarec if you're on CFW (I'm not 100% sure if Aliaspider tried to use svchax at all for it for non-CFW users, though). A dynarec for an SNES emulator isn't really feasible since the 65c816 CPU itself is not likely the bottleneck here. It's emulating the PPU which is so time consuming and slow. I'd guess if we ever had a hardware renderer added for one of the SNES cores, like BlargSNES has, we might be able to run a nicer core like CATSFC plus with few hiccups. That's wishful thinking, though.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about gpsp crashes in the newest stable?? Any improvements??

How do you mean? In the previous stable release, 20032016, gpsp doesn't crash, at least not on my N3DS. It takes a while before the GBA game starts, but eventually it starts and plays well. It closes also correctly (no software crash).

In the meanwhile I think this latest 'stable' release from 03052016 isn't stable at all, actually it kind of sucks IMO, compared to the previous release. I tested the new PCE core, to see it if still crashes when closing a PCE CD game, and yes, it does. Moreover, you can't just close content (a game) any longer in the latest release, instead when you select close, the 'whole' core closes, meaning that you have to close retroarch and start it again to play another PCE game. Bad! I don't know if this is also 'new' with the other new emulator cores. And last but not least, the latets core introduces screen tearing, also present in nightly builds. So I guess it is better to stay with the March release.

BTW, I'm using the CIA's.

Last edited by retroguy,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899
D

Deleted User

What about gpsp crashes in the newest stable?? Any improvements??

How do you mean? In the previous stable release, 20032016, gpsp doesn't crash, at least not on my N3DS. It takes a while before the GBA game starts, but eventually it starts and plays well. It closes also correctly (no software crash).

BTW, I'm using the CIA's.

It's crash where the music stutters, gpsp crashes to the home screen, and a message pops up that says "Libretro has stopped working, your system will now restart" or something along those lines.

It has not been fixed, although it seemed like I had been playing for a bit longer before it crashed. Gpsp also seems a lot more stuttery now as well. Before, FE6 was running flawlessly but now I see frame rate dips now and again.

K

KingpinSlim

I am using the latest stable builds fpr 3DS, but whenever i use an emulator there isa lift about three wuarters away from the left screen where graphics are glitchy and there is some form of tearing.

Is it like that for everyone else?
Am i doing something wrong?

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GPSP, I been using the April 21 build and I have experience no crash on my N3DS. I been playing Battle Network 4 and Mario & Luigi Super Stars Saga for about 2 hours. Here are the settings: Aureinand + NTR @ 804mhz L2, audio sync off, and DSP audio, and logging off.

BUT, it has awful vertical lines screen tearing.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's crash where the music stutters, gpsp crashes to the home screen, and a message pops up that says "Libretro has stopped working, your system will now restart" or something along those lines.

It has not been fixed, although it seemed like I had been playing for a bit longer before it crashed. Gpsp also seems a lot more stuttery now as well. Before, FE6 was running flawlessly but now I see frame rate dips now and again.

For GPSP, I been using the April 21 build and I have experience no crash on my N3DS. I been playing Battle Network 4 and Mario & Luigi Super Stars Saga for about 2 hours. Here are the settings: Aureinand + NTR @ 804mhz L2, audio sync off, and DSP audio, and logging off.

Thanks for your answers!! So it seems to not having been fixed... Really hope a dev finds a solution for it soon...

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it known that you crash in Earthbound when the "energetic" battle song occurs, during the sliding part using pocketsnes? Sorry if thats hard to understand, if nobody has any idea what song I'm talking about I'm sure I could find a video of it. Anyway, it crashes 100% of the time when the song gets to a certain part. Doesn't happen with anything else so far.

angrybanana5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it known that you crash in Earthbound when the "energetic" battle song occurs, during the sliding part using pocketsnes? Sorry if thats hard to understand, if nobody has any idea what song I'm talking about I'm sure I could find a video of it. Anyway, it crashes 100% of the time when the song gets to a certain part. Doesn't happen with anything else so far.

Post a video, I played through Earthbound up to Fourside with no issues.

D

Deleted User

I tried your settings, although I couldn't find the DSP audio settings. I did manage to play for about 2 or 3 hours before it finally crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.