Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
I can't seem to get the MSX emulator to work properly.
I can get it to start, and I can hear all the music and sound effects, but there graphics are just astatic image of some junk. I have all the rom files in the retroarch/cores/system thing as they should. I don't know what else I can do here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s0huxim2heybae/Billede 29-10-2015 09.06.15.jpg?dl=0
Do you have your core options set to MSX Mode: MSX2+?, Also did you make sure you downloaded the correct cores from the OP?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having any luck with MSX. Always a black screen despite changing MSX model on core options. Lower screen indicates everything running ok. Just no sound or video. Using nightly 29/10/15. I think my BIOS files are ok.

Might try running games unzipped

Doesn't seem like tape and disk images are supported yet. Only roms.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I have unibios for neogeo, does it need to be named something different or just uni-bios.rom?
check the op, it has to be in a neogeo.zip :)

@rygar >yup, only roms I think :)

About the DKC1 (us rom v1.2) map bug on CatSFC, that's weird..my GF just cleared the game without issues. (n3DS cia) (that being said, I think I was using the 04/10 catsfc cia)
just tried again, started a new game cleared the 1st level, map was fine.
also started my gf save file, used a plane and went everywhere, no bug either.

... Went the extra mile and did the same with the 3dsx ver of the core, worked fine as well.

Last edited by Azel,

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am. When in battle or moving around the maps it's fullspeed or close to it, but during some scenes (like the beginning with Bowser's keep) or transitions entering/leaving battle, the game slows to a crawl. This is also with a N3DS and 2.5 via themehax.

I'm curious to know if this also happens on the .cia version or just on 2.5

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
N3DS 9.0 (ReiNand 9.5) only tried the CIA versions of catsfc, catsfc plus and the NeoGeo one.

NeoGeo: tried -> Neo Turf Master, Windjammers, Metal Slug X. All of them run flawlessy at 60fps.

Catsfc: tried -> DKC, DKC2, DKC3, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island. All of them run fine at 60fps stable except Yoshi's Island that has frames drops in most locations till 40fps or so.

Catsfc plus: Same as catsfc but with better sound (i didnt notice honestly) and the savestate broken

Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
edited the OP with :
- links to hardware to dump your own roms (and saves) from carts
- .3DS Gateway roms build specific warning about fragmentation
- a link to SNES games with specific enhancement chip (which won't run fullspeed on any setup right now)
- a warning about n3DS PCSX Rearmed to set audio sync back after use, since config is shared across cores.

Edit : I don't know gbatemp that much... isn't there a way to choose a "default" color (that will be adapted depending on each and everyone's theme) instead of grey, that apparently doesn't work well at all with the dark theme ?
(I'm using the regular blue/white theme though)

Edit2 : I wasn't caught up with the last couple of pages of the old thread, apparently some ppl got SNK vs Capcom Chaos to run ?!
Can anyone run me trough this? I can't event get KOF2002 to run :'(

@daxtsu once the ram stuff is ironed out, would you be so kind to try to compile a test build of FBA_CPS3?(I don't have the setup nor the knowledge to do it myself) I'd love to test that on new3DS (can test cia/.3dsx/.3ds), the fact I own an original CPS3 would help to spot inaccuracies too, maybe(?)
Thanks a million in advance, I really appreciate your work on porting fmsx :)

Last edited by Azel,
Reactions: Stack3r

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
@aliaspider hey do you think you could check out legacy of goku 2 on gpsp and see why it does that weird black bars on the left side of the screen? When you get time ofcourse. Also, dsp is working in full effect for cores or is it just for testing?

Last edited by Stack3r,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@daxtsu once the ram stuff is ironed out, would you be so kind to try to compile a test build of FBA_CPS3?(I don't have the setup nor the knowledge to do it myself) I'd love to test that on new3DS (can test cia/.3dsx/.3ds), the fact I own an original CPS3 would help to spot inaccuracies too, maybe(?)
That would have to exist first before daxtsu could compile it. :P The only split cores that exist are CPS-1, CPS-2 and Neo Geo. Nobody has yet put in the work to split out the CPS-3 driver from Final Burn Alpha into a standalone core, probably because the split cores were originally made with the Wii in mind, and even without the rest of FBA's RAM overhead, there's just no room on the Wii for CPS-3 games. The 3DS may be a different case, but it'll take more than somebody just deciding to build a CPS-3 core, the actual work of paring back FBA to only what's needed to run CPS-3 is yet to be done.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh thanks !
I have litterally ZERO knowledge about Wii Retroarch stuff and never realised those where pre-existing split FBA cores :)

Reactions: Vague Rant

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Slasher115 could you use other colours that are not gray for the OP?
It just makes it harder to see for users using the GBATemp Dark Theme:
screenshot-from-2015-10-29-11-03-57-png.28495

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-10-29 11:03:57.png
    Screenshot from 2015-10-29 11:03:57.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,043
Reactions: duwen and NightsOwl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper