Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
How? Since the 1/10 build, all emulators crash on my system (OLD XL, 9.2.0-20U, PastaCFW)...
I'm using PastaCFW + FirmLaunch (through THemehax) on my 9.0.0-28E N3DS.
Just downloaded the newest CIA Nighlty, used TitleManager to install the Cias and it boots + runs perfectly on SysNAND.

Reactions: lolzvid

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using PastaCFW + FirmLaunch (through THemehax) on my 9.0.0-28E N3DS.
Just downloaded the newest CIA Nighlty, used TitleManager to install the Cias and it boots + runs perfectly on SysNAND.

Thanks, I'll try to run them with FirmLaunch (believe or not, but I've never used this feature :P).

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what changed programming-wise in Megaman Battle Network 4? I'm on a 9.9 n3DS *hax 2.5 and Battle Network 1-3 run flawless with the gPSP core while Battle Network 4-6 are only around 30fps. I'm really interested to know what changed between the games so they became harder to emulate.

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
My question is the following: Does anybody knows if there is a way to directly compile all the cores instead of copying/pasting/renaming/compiling each *_libretro_ctr.a file individually while specifying the LIBRETRO flag.
copy all *_libretro_ctr.a files to RetroArch/dist-scripts/ , cd there then run
Code:
./dist-cores.sh ctr
it will output everything in RetroArch/pkg/3ds

Reactions: kiwiis

Arei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
copy all *_libretro_ctr.a files to RetroArch/dist-scripts/ , cd there then run
Code:
./dist-cores.sh ctr
it will output everything in RetroArch/pkg/3ds
Thank you very much my good Sir!

Now I feel really stupid I didn't notice that dist-script folder. ^^'

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure this can be named a bug, but maybe it's something to look at:

when i closed my gPSP core with the 4 button combination (new in hax 2.5) (L + R + Dpad Down + B) when the bottom screen was set to black. It launches back to the homebrew launcher, but u guess: with a black bottom screen!
Same happends with cias when you press home^^

All available cia versions tested with GS2 the lost age.

Releases before the 10/17 have the infinite loop on GS2 (otherwise running at 59 FPS)

Releases from the 10/17 to the 10/20 (included) curiously have no infinite loop and no crashing, but run at approximately 27-30 FPS! Also these versions are incredibly talkative on the bottom screen.

Releases after the 10/20 are freezing/crashing on GS2 (and GS1 is now also broken) - both running at 59 FPS before the crash

Tested on gPSP core, cia build, 9.0 N3DS using Rxmode (Rxtools latest Lavanoid nightly)
I can confirm this, tried the 28/10 cia on a 9.5 emunand, french Golden Sun1 (crashes upon naming the char), french golden sun 2 (start the game, name chars, hit start a bunch of time and freeze)

This is a lie.
I'm using Cia's on SysNAND since the first release of retroarch and playing SNES and PSX almost every day.
It runs awesome on SysNAND, too.
This is not a lie, this is unsupported, so use it at your own risk. (ppl with cia issues on sysnand won't get support here)

@aliaspider : just tried the .3ds gateway rom version of FBA NEO, is it normal that it has access to less RAM ? I'm on n3DS but couldn't load KOF2002 (just tried 28/10 cia, it's the same :( I got it to work the other day :'( size : 0x057D9000), but Metal slug 3 works fine^^ (on cps2 SFA3 and MvC did load fine)
performance seemed the same as cias too. (Tried FBAs and PCSX rearmed)

Last edited by Azel,
Reactions: RegularMoron

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure does :)
When did that happen?! D:

Last time I knew the 3DS versions of any homebrew didn't have sound at all, which is why we GW users were forced to either use the CIA version, or get a HBL method to run the 3DSX versions.

How well do 3DS versions compare with the other formats (3DSX/CIA) in terms of performance?

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok here is my original Super Metroid video again, and I think the effect is maybe easier to see here, and a new video I took of Super Mario World. It seems the tearing only affects foreground objects, but not 100% on that. The tearing happens on the left side of the screen on both. Itll look exactly like what screen tearing normally looks like, only vertical. Apologies for the video quality if it isn't good enough, but hopefully they show what I'm talking about. Again, wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't an older build that worked better :)

This problem can also be seen on Donkey Kong Country (USA / rev.b). It is not permanent though, happens randomly.

Last edited by RegularMoron,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When did that happen?! D:

Last time I knew the 3DS versions of any homebrew didn't have sound at all, which is why we GW users were forced to either use the CIA version, or get a HBL method to run the 3DSX versions.

How well do 3DS versions compare with the other formats (3DSX/CIA) in terms of performance?
same as cia I'd say.

bpc908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason on my O3DS, I'm not able to run NES games, it says I don't have enough samples for the monitor refresh rate estimate.

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mednafen PCE boots fine but when i load any game it says: RetroArch
:: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist. and then the system locks

i have a BIOS (from Emuparadise)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY