Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am also getting the same error on my end:
RetroArch [INFO] :: null: [sdmc:/retroarch/content_history lpl].
RetroArch
:: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist.

Along with another issue that isn't so much an error but an alert that I have noticed as well:
RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SAVE_DIRECTORY: "ssmc:/retroarch/cores/savefiles".
config_path is : sdmc:/Roms/gba/game_config.txt
game config missing

Despite having those two messages come up on my bottom screen, I am still able to boot gpSP v0.91 and play Minish Cap as well on my setup..
It may possibly be something on your end though because I am not booting the .cia I am booting the .3dsx since I am booting through Homebrew.
Check your BIOS I did an internet search for GBA Bios and came across one on the internet. It may possibly be the BIOS and/or Rom.

update:
Check the ROM because if other GBA Roms are running fine with your current BIOS. It may have possibly been a bad dump or the ROM itself may be corrupt somehow.

I think the freezing issue may have something to do with the Kernel hack. I just recently used the 3dsx versions on the most recent release and it works, while the 3ds and cia ones don't.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the freezing issue may have something to do with the Kernel hack. I just recently used the 3dsx versions on the most recent release and it works, while the 3ds and cia ones don't.

RetroArch [INFO] :: null: [sdmc:/retroarch/content_history lpl].
RetroArch
:: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist.

Along with another issue that isn't so much an error but an alert that I have noticed as well:
RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SAVE_DIRECTORY: "ssmc:/retroarch/cores/savefiles".
config_path is : sdmc:/Roms/gba/game_config.txt
game config missing

I'm not experiencing any freezing issues, just those two messages you quoted above :yay:

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I might be doing something wrong but I installed the pcsx_rearmed.cia onto my 3ds (RxTools 10.3.0-28E EmuNAND) And when I open it, it boots fine and then just crashes back to the home menu and then the system reboots

How would I go about fixing this?

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to progress on DOSbox, its so good to see a couple of games boot up regardless of not being able to go further.

Also, would it be churlish to ask about whether the large xml cores (FBA, Mame2000 and MAME2003) are due to be looked at? I understand something along the lines of them not booting up unless shortcuts in the form of xml files pointing at specific ROMs are opened instead. Perhaps I've missed something or don't fully understand why they stopped working a while ago but it would great if the 'normal' functionality could make a return at some point.

BIg thanks in any case!

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Why can't you go further?
You can select input device as 4axis/4button joystick + kbd arrows and navigate with the dpad and use start/select for enter/esc, that should get you going.

About the mouse, should I invert the left right buttons? it's weird clicking with L

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which one is the best GBA emulator for an Old 3DS? (CIA version, of course).
I'm currently using retroarch's gPSP port, most games are running at ~60fps, but some of them only gets ~30 - ~50.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using retroarch's gPSP port, most games are running at ~60fps, but some of them only gets ~30 - ~50.
"best" emulator is probably not using an emulator at all due to Old3DS just being too slow. you can figure out how to use the GBA ambassador games, and how to put your own roms into them.

Reactions: SLiV3R and kiwiis

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gpSP is your best bet homebrew wise. It's still fairly early in development. If you want fullspeed now, you might want to look into AGB_FIRM patchers.

SmashMan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new here and got a N3DS a little after Christmas. Enjoying retroarch so far except I have 2 issues:

1. Scrolling on the gambatte core looks a little weird. When i play Super Mario land, the game expands for a second and then goes back to normal. A minor gripe, but noticeable.

2. A big problem. I can't get FBA and Mame 2003 to work. I used different builds of retroarch and used Youtube and MH4 as a target, and all I get is a black screen with the bottom being normal, except it has an error. According to the error, It's trying to load some kind of ♥ rom. Here is an image of the error:http://imgur.com/4WRvL8s Is there any old build that doesn't give me this error, or do I need to do something to it?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"best" emulator is probably not using an emulator at all due to Old3DS just being too slow. you can figure out how to use the GBA ambassador games, and how to put your own roms into them.

gpSP is your best bet homebrew wise. It's still fairly early in development. If you want fullspeed now, you might want to look into AGB_FIRM patchers.

I know, but I would have to install and run them from sysNAND. Is there a way to run them from emuNAND without having to install them to sysNAND? I don't want to boot into DEVMODE everytime I wish to play GBA games.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I would have to install and run them from sysNAND. Is there a way to run them from emuNAND without having to install them to sysNAND? I don't want to boot into DEVMODE everytime I wish to play GBA games.
You can also install them on your EmuNAND. The ones on your EmuNAND will act as a shortcut to the ones on your SysNAND.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know whats the last time psx cia worked properly with loading up and not having the no core issue, i tried builds from dec23-jan4th and it just errors out to home menu
I just tried the build on page 92 and that one is working. HOWEVER, I noticed that the same thing that I said happened with the latest build in the quote below happens with the other one when I change the filter to the BLARRG RGB filter. Maybe the filters have something to do with it? If not, I wonder if there's any other defaults that could potentially fix the issue.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but has anyone tried booting PCSX ReArmed on Old3ds with the recent nightlies? I'm asking because every time I try starting it up from the home menu, it (keeping in mind I have menuhax installed) goes to menuhax and tries to boot RXTools, or if I hold any button, due to the way I have menuhax installed, the emulator never starts up. It just boots out of the application and gives me that "An error has occurred" on the home menu. As in, it's not on the black screen when it shows this. Does anyone know how to solve this? I already tried searching the thread, and nothing came up for me.

Last edited by Bkool999,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Downgraded my N3DS XL to 9.2 and played around with the .cia builds, the PSX core from Jan. 3rd runs almost at full speed! (The nightly from the 4th doesn't run launch for some reason)
Downgraded my N3DS XL to 9.2 and played around with the .cia builds, the PSX core from Jan. 3rd runs almost at full speed! (The nightly from the 4th doesn't run launch for some reason)
I installed the jan 3rd pcsx cia and it wont load for some reason just crashes back to home menu

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally find it best to stick to builds with recent work done on the 3DS side of things, which the last time was December 24th, so I've been sticking with the nightly from the 25th. I haven't had any issues beyond the standard slowdowns. Well, except for PCSX, which crashes for me, so I just reverted to an earlier build. Though it's too slow to be playable in any sense, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves