1. Mikethekobra

OP Mikethekobra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Some basic info and what u have tried already.

Firmware 9.1.0 Atmosphere cfw from sdsetup.com

Problem: retroarch crashes while scrolling through options, crashes when clicking load cores, crashes and white screen comes up when clicking update on the app. Literally does not work

Psnes also won’t work as it don’t recognize any buttons

Genesis emulator crashes also

Working: Goldleaf/homebrew store/themes

What I have tried:

Re-installing cfw Formatting to fat32 (twice)(brand new micro sd) Installing minimal atmosphere Removing retroarch from system and reinstalling Removing pnes from system Added games to psnes, games show up but do not let you click anything till you exit via home button

I have no idea how to get this retroarch to work specifically.

Any help would be appreciated. I’ll attach a link to my main error message when using retroarch

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

India
    try to use the full ram mode and not the applet mode
    to get full ram mode when you are on the home screen launch a title with the r button held and that should direct you to you homebrew instead

3. Mikethekobra

OP Mikethekobra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just so I’m understanding, I access full ram mode by holding r on the album to enter into the homebrew menu and then hold r again while selecting retroarch from that menu ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

4. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

India
    No hold r and press A on a game not on album
    That should direct you to homebrew

5. Mikethekobra

OP Mikethekobra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay I’m currently at work, I will try it when I get home. Do you need a game card game or can you do it from a game downloaded legibly such as the ff7 remastered? And by any chance do you think it could possibly be the sd card even though it was a new Sandisc?

6. dsfgfhj

dsfgfhj Member
    Newcomer

France
    It's probably the applet mode that causes retroarch to crash. You can access full RAM mode from a downloaded game as well.
    For psnes' buttons, it needs a recompilation with the latest libnx, so that's up to the developer.

7. Mikethekobra

OP Mikethekobra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ^okay thanks dude, I’m going to try it when I head home. I’ll report back, hopefully it does the trick

8. Mikethekobra

OP Mikethekobra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you very much guys, it worked! Still crashes through the album but everything works off the title

dsfgfhj likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch, crashing, please