Retroarch always crashes!

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch on the 3DS always crashes! How can I fix it? (I have asked 4 times now.)

- A video of me trying to open Retroarch -

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the newer versions of retroarch if i load retroarch through a cia and then try to load retroarch through the homebrew launcher it crashes and i have to delete the retroarch salamander.cfg in order for it to load games from the homebrew launcher it sucks because i have to use either the cia or sdsx not both. So try deleting retroarch.cfg and salamander.cfg in the retroarch folder on your sd card.

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which steps did you take to install retroarch?

To me it looks like you only installed 'retroarch_3ds.cia'. Which does nothing on it's own. (as shown in your video)
The actual cores are included in the 'retroarch/cores' folder. Did you copy that as-well?

It really isn't that difficult; https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-3ds2ds/
Oh, so without any of the cores, it won't run. But where do I even get cores?

SuicideNotes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Retroarch gets its cores in the package, in the cores folder just click and instal, i would say to put the cores you dont use in a notused folder, dont use the universal updater for retroarch, i use the nightlys, also u need bios, just type bios pack google and bobs your grandmother

Ixel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, RetroArch isn't that reliable for the 3DS systems (or at least it isn't for my 2DS), I would recommend searching for another emulator if these issues continue after trying what others are suggesting.

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried both versions of Retroarch. And even downloaded all the cores that I needed. However, both versions of Retroarch, the 3dsx and cia, both crash on my new 3ds xl.
Have tried both for a long while now and 3dsx running thru homebrew channel is the better way to go for sure.
If you try to use a core that causes it to crash (mame2003_plus always does that for me) it gets stuck, upon each load of retroarch it will just crash trying to load the broken core.
Only fix I've found is to delete the retroarch.cfg file, start again and avoid the cores that cause problems. I keep a backup of retroarch.cfg now so that I don't have to re-apply all my preferences and settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...