Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES!

NO! Still the cc bug is not fixed.....

Edit:VBA GX Next: Still some minor slowdown and glitched sound on games like Megaman Zero, Metroid Zero Mission. Nothing horrible but I think it was'nt present in the beta build of vba next.
All in all big improvement over previous build.

Snesgxnext: Super Mario World is broken and results in garbled background layer.
Edit : seems to be somthing to do with the cropping option. Cropping to on fixes the bg layer.
Edit: Snes GX Next Worse cc input lag than previous build?

Nestopia ( WIP ) runs NTSCU games at PAL Speed. ( tested megaman 2 and double dragonII)

Switching from GenesisGX core to FBA core results in black screen crash.

FBA Core : Loading konami games like tmnt results in crash.
Edit : seems like FBA core is completely broken.

Loading fba cps1 core does not work and results in loading FBA core.

NeoGeo core: Irritating Maze still not fixed.

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all.
I've installed retroarch wii 1.0.0.0 in app folder
deleted all files in sd\retroarch
but retroarch doesn't start
i have a black screen and the wiimote light shut off

Help?
thanks !

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

See my posts above.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/page-157#post-4876411

I'm going back to previous build but taking out the new VBANEXT core from RA 1.0.
Far to buggy for everyday use if you ask me. (My kids whining all the time about games that do not work anymore and black screens etc.)

RA 1.0Feels more like a NIGHTLY build to me to be honest.
Hopefully the isseus will be fixed.
I really looked forward to this release...pity.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES!

NO! Still the cc bug is not fixed.....

Edit:VBA GX Next: Still some minor slowdown and glitched sound on games like Megaman Zero, Metroid Zero Mission. Nothing horrible but I think it was'nt present in the beta build of vba next.
All in all big improvement over previous build.

Snesgxnext: Super Mario World is broken and results in garbled background layer.
Edit : seems to be somthing to do with the cropping option. Cropping to on fixes the bg layer.
Edit: Snes GX Next Worse cc input lag than previous build?

Nestopia ( WIP ) runs NTSCU games at PAL Speed. ( tested megaman 2 and double dragonII)

Switching from GenesisGX core to FBA core results in black screen crash.

FBA Core : Loading konami games like tmnt results in crash.

Loading fba cps1 core does not work and results in loading FBA core.

NeoGeo core: Irritating Maze still not fixed.

Yes thank you for the "nice feedback".

This is the reason I don't come to this forum anymore.

BTW - you keep bitching about "CC input lag" and "Wiimote problems" -I've told you several times already this is a libogc + wiiuse bug, not a RetroArch bug. Yet you keep bitching at me instead of bitching at the guys who you SHOULD BE BITCHING AT - because you are a coward and you don't want to upset the 'accepted masters' of this Wii homebrew scene.

> Still some minor slowdown and glitched sound on games like Megaman Zero, Metroid Zero Mission. Nothing horrible but I think it was'nt present in the beta build of vba next.

Well duh - speedhacks don't grow on trees, nor do they write themselves. "Glitched sound" = I think you mean it running under 60fps with those games. Try to learn at least the proper terminology for stuff like this.

> Snesgxnext: Super Mario World is broken and results in garbled background layer.

I can at least look at this

> Edit: Snes GX Next Worse cc input lag than previous build?

Has nothing to do with the core whatsoever. This is a red herring.

> FBA Core : Loading konami games like tmnt results in crash.

It's probably that the new FBA version has become even bigger and those games no longer fit into RAM. And I no longer feel like making dozens of 'custom versions' of FBA so that it might fit into the pitiful amount of RAM that the Wii has. This is fucking hard work you know.

I'll give you back your old version of FBA and you guys can stay on that forever - at least that way you don't have to take out this bitching on me instead.

> Loading fba cps1 core does not work and results in loading FBA core.

I can look into that.

> NeoGeo core: Irritating Maze still not fixed.

I never promised to you that this would be fixed because it probably has to do with lack of RAM issues. Look into it yourself and teach yourself and your kids something about "gratitude" and not looking a gifted horse in the mouth. You should be glad with this kind of bullshit attitude that I still release ANYTHING for Wii at this point.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, I never intended to be abusive to you guys.

Sorry if I offended you in any possible way.
If I remember well you guys planned on fixing this before releasing any update on RA Wii?

If not my bad.

Could you also look at the Nestopia build?
It seems to load ntscu games at PAL speed.

Anyway as always, thank you for your hard work.
I know it's hard work and it's appreciated here.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think he was bitching, more like reporting what he experienced. i didn't take any of what he said to be complaints.

happy to see progress being made, but really im waiting for N64 core for PS3 :yayps3:

Reactions: Hielkenator

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thank you for the "nice feedback".

This is the reason I don't come to this forum anymore.

BTW - you keep bitching about "CC input lag" and "Wiimote problems" -I've told you several times already this is a libogc + wiiuse bug, not a RetroArch bug. Yet you keep bitching at me instead of bitching at the guys who you SHOULD BE BITCHING AT - because you are a coward and you don't want to upset the 'accepted masters' of this Wii homebrew scene.
Don't you think it's a bit strange that a) out of all homebrew programs, this bug only seems to affect retroarch and b) the "held buttons" problem also affects gamecube controllers (which aren't read via wiiuse) ?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch Wii 1.0.0 is out! http://www.libretro.com/index.php/downloads/ Be sure to delete both config files, which are located in SD:/retroarch/, if you don't, the emulator will refuse to load and kick you back out to the HBC :D Enjoy! As of now, there is no change log, but, VBA Next runs many games at full speed, Snes9x Next now runs Seiken Densetsu 3 and Kirby's Dreamland 3 at full speed (barring a few underwater levels, which are 55/60, but not bad at all) :D

@Hielkenator Nestopia runs perfectly fine, I ran Akumuajou Densetsu 3 and it ran 60 fps. The input lag isn't worse, I experienced nothing of the kind during my tests yesterday :D'

Don't you think it's a bit strange that a) out of all homebrew programs, this bug only seems to affect retroarch and b) the "held buttons" problem also affects gamecube controllers (which aren't read via wiiuse) ?

The issue isn't RA at all, it's the libraries that are used that got messed up somewhere along the lines.

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue isn't RA at all, it's the libraries that are used that got messed up somewhere along the lines.
All other homebrew programs use the same libraries and don't suffer from the same problems. Gamecube controllers in retroarch don't use the library in question and DO suffer from the same problems.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RetroArch Wii 1.0.0 is out! http://www.libretro.com/index.php/downloads/ Be sure to delete both config files, which are located in SD:/retroarch/, if you don't, the emulator will refuse to load and kick you back out to the HBC :D Enjoy! As of now, there is no change log, but, VBA Next runs many games at full speed, Snes9x Next now runs Seiken Densetsu 3 and Kirby's Dreamland 3 at full speed (barring a few underwater levels, which are 55/60, but not bad at all) :D

@Hielkenator Nestopia runs perfectly fine, I ran Akumuajou Densetsu 3 and it ran 60 fps. The input lag isn't worse, I experienced nothing of the kind during my tests yesterday :D'

Try megaman NTSCU NOT JAP games.

BTW it´s probably because RA Nestopia uses my Wii info ( PAL region )
So it makes sense it's fine on your side as you are from USA region.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/page-157#post-4876574

Same here.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For once, I really disagree.

I´ve had my hand on a previous beta, wich is better.

Try playing some FBA games with RA 1.0

I stand corrected. I didn't think to test the FBA core, but I'll definitely test some games. Snes9x Next, VBA Next, Genesis Plus, Nestopia on the other hand all work very well, but the fact remains some cores are broken :( Sorry you have to go through this bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn