Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next thread will be later than usual due to the amount of time I've not had lately. I do already have two great reviews of NES games from jesuschristmonkeyballs both of which are not exactly well known games.

From me there will be one NES, PSX, Arcade, PC Engine and maybe an Atari ST title if my mate can fix the disk drive for me. If not I may go ahead and review a homebrew title.

I think each of the regular reviewers from the first two may have reviews as well but if anyone else wants to contribute than PM me, as usual nothing massivley well known.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong and I have been batting some ideas around regarding a possible 'Joint RGR'.
(Something akin to a "Siskel & Ebert" sort of game review.)
I was planning to contact you when we got the details fleshed out a bit further,
but now is as good a time as any to brief you on the progress.

Initially we discussed "Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage" on PS1. It's a bit well-known, though.
"Starflight" on Sega Genesis

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Vulpes Abnocto said:
p1ngpong and I have been batting some ideas around regarding a possible 'Joint RGR'.
(Something akin to a "Siskel & Ebert" sort of game review.)
I was planning to contact you when we got the details fleshed out a bit further,
but now is as good a time as any to brief you on the progress.

Initially we discussed "Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage" on PS1. It's a bit well-known, though.
"Starflight" on Sega Genesis

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Vulpes & P1ngy: When its something like that I don't really mind if a game is famous or not, TrolleyDave did have this idea of reviewing a well known & popular game but it was one he didn't like. Also though Mega Man 2 & Batman are pretty known I don't really consider them to be games that everyone has played like for example the Zelda, Resident Evil & Mario games.

@CockroachMan: That is a shame but at least I know you'll be back with some more in the future.

I'm hoping to have this out around January 17th.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
In that case, should I just not do the DKC trilogy? Pretty much every has heard of them.
Well writing up three games & comparing them may take a long time but that's up to you. I think its fine to have some games that people have heard of, even then there are probably a lot of people who haven't played them.

The thread will have more then plenty lesser known gems for people to discover, as I said its up to you with what you do, I enjoyed your Kirby SNES/DS comparison so I pretty much welcome any review from you.

QUOTE(Law @ Jan 4 2009, 12:23 PM) Needs more Adventures of Lolo.
I actually wanted to do the 3rd game one day.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great news Hadrian
biggrin.gif
I love the Retro Games Thread
smile.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian Uranium said:
@Vulpes & P1ngy: When its something like that I don't really mind if a game is famous or not, TrolleyDave did have this idea of reviewing a well known & popular game but it was one he didn't like. Also though Mega Man 2 & Batman are pretty known I don't really consider them to be games that everyone has played like for example the Zelda, Resident Evil & Mario games.

@CockroachMan: That is a shame but at least I know you'll be back with some more in the future.

I'm hoping to have this out around January 17th.

If it's out on the 17th only.. I might be able to make it..
smile.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that is great Cocky! If not then it'll keep.

Also I've got someone to review a pretty good flash game that is retroey in look and feel.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall contribute. As soon as the 3 year old lets me play any NES game other than Mario 1.

ShadowXP said:
I am working on a secret project - I am going to work on reviewing a pretty good flash game that is retroey in look and feel!

Translation. It has pixels!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit