Retro Gameboy Collection

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by aleXXXps, Mar 23, 2014.

1. aleXXXps
    OP

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    So I have been working on collecting some retro Gameboy stuff and thought I'd post a picture of what I have so far. If you have any comments or can share your collections, that would be awesome!

Not pictured, but I also have a green Gameboy Pocket (JPN), another Gameboy DMG, and a few games I loaned out to a relative. The girlfriend thinks it's a silly collection, but I love it and play them all the time!

[​IMG]

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Man, that's freakin' awesome! I don't have much of a collection, but I believe I have a Gameboy Color along with a crapload of games in my parent's basement! I'll bring them with and take a picture of it :D

3. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

Mar 17, 2003
    United States
    The Internet
    Do you have a GBA SP? That's the best system to be playing GB and GBC carts on because of the bright screen and rechargeable battery.

4. TheJeweler

TheJeweler Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    I wish I kept all my old gameboy games, now I only have a couple of pokemon games.

5. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Nice.

Here's mine.
    [​IMG]
    (hotlink of someone else's as I don't have a pic of mine handy)

6. aleXXXps
    OP

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    I don't have an SP. For some reason I just enjoy the feeling of playing on the old school DMG because it reminds me of my childhood. Plus I never had the chance to own a lot of these when I was younger, but now I can.

I've tried Roms and even bought older games in the eShop on 3ds, but it's just not the same either.

I'm looking into trying to buy a mint condition DMG soon, but they seem hard to find and super pricey.

7. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    Here's mine, I have been buying so many games the last couple of years so I'm starting to get rid of systems and games I'm never even going to play. It's almost like the Pirate sickness but with secondhand games.
    I barely have time to finish one game and here I am buying more.

8. Tastyfurr

Tastyfurr Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2010
    Nice collection indeed, the original gameboys look like they are in good condition! Mine are a Little worse for wear but still work xD
    This is my full collection of Nintendo handhelds, ive become somewhat of a hoarder..

[​IMG]

And games to go with them.[​IMG]

aleXXXps likes this.
  9. aleXXXps
    OP

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    I so wish I had kept all of the boxes for this stuff. However, as a kid, my priority was to tear the games open and play them as quickly as possible. You can tell which games I played a lot because those are really worn out!

Tastyfurr likes this.
  10. bitbite

bitbite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    Canada
    Really digg'n your collection aleXXXps!
    I managed to keep around all of my orginal box, but i still have to dig them up somewhere at my parents house, this is what i've found so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. aleXXXps
    OP

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    Any recommendations of games I need to add to my collection? Like a "must have"? I recently bought Tetris 2 and Sword of Hope on eBay.

12. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i just got a super gameboy recently! I see you have two Metroid II. let me get one! please!

nice collections everyone, i love original gameboy. i wish i would have held onto mine, i sold it in high school for booze money :(

13. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm kinda torn with restarting my Gameboy collection. On the one hand, I can go on ebay and try and buy them again (pretty pricey) but I'm limited to playing them on a GBA SP or GBC or buy them cheap from the 3DS eShop and have them all on my 3DS.

I did try the GBC emulator on the PSP but there's something that keeps calling me back to try and collect them again.

migles likes this.
  14. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I have one hell of a console collection but still working on many handhelds and an Atari 2600. Nice GB collection though.

aleXXXps likes this.
  15. aleXXXps
    OP

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    I think Metroid II is one of my more valuable games, so I'd never get rid of it. One of my copies is mint, the other one has been chewed by a dog (but still plays fine). I had to get another copy for the collection and keep the other to play/abuse :-)

16. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Back in the day when Metroid II was new I actually got a copy with Kool-Aid points. I'm torn about it because I love Metroid and the upgrades are nice but it was a pretty difficult game just because of the terrain being much more repeating-maze-like than the original. I only just went back and beat it within the last 2 years.

17. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    Kool-aid points?

Tell me more about that:grog:

18. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    $16.50 for the game boy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Ga...1311147498?pt=Video_Games&hash=item19eaa951ea

and

$36.93 for the games: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Ga...156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c78244fc

No, It is not my products, it is just the first results I got from ebay, what I'm trying to show is how cheap is the marketing value of an EPIC video game. The sentimental value that I got for my stuff is much more than $55 USD, but I got much less games and my GB is destroyed...

19. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i am in an adventure of collecting every pokemon game, so far i have:

ruby and emerald (used no box)
    diamond x2 (1 unopened box and other used without box)
    soul silver and heart gold (SS used with box no pokewalker; HG opened box but not used with pokewalker)
    black and white (opened boxes)
    white 2 and pokemon x (opened boxes)

i am trying to find a way of getting a GBA:SP and the other games i miss
    i will also try to get a gamecube with gameboy player link cables to trade with the gba:sp and a wii

my problem in collecting is my mom doesn't like i spend money :/ almost all the stuff i bought on stores without her knowledge :rolleyes:

omg seing pokemon cartridges makes me so jealously, i really miss playing pokeymon cristal or yellow D:

20. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    I didn't remember this commercial. I think it was 1200 points. Luckily we had a hoard of them in our kitchen drawer at the time.