Retro Entertainment System Review

369.jpg

GBAtemp is proud to present a review of the Retro Entertainment System from Retro-bit. The RES is an 8-bit NES hardware "clone" packed into a tiny little box. With a high compatibility rate and Everdrive N8 compatibility, its $14.99 price point make it a console to consider. Take a moment to read over the review and then let us know what you think! If you own the RES, be sure to post your comments about the system.

:arrow: Retro Entertainment System Review by Another World

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow those look like the worst controllers ever. If I had this thing, I think the first thing I'd do would be to throw those in the garbage immediately.

As for the sound, based on the video, it doesn't sound badly out of tune like bad emulators or clones (really more of a problem with the 16 bit systems anyway) but I do get a sense on the SMB segment that what he's really talking about is that stuff's getting clipped and distorting that way so like loud sound effects will have crackling or static. Could just be the video, or youtube doing that, but the guy doesn't seem crazy so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that. Could also be his speakers, I suppose, but he says it doesn't affect his actual NES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse