Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from the same place that posted the rumour that there was a Retro Studios title that would combine both franchises together comes this news that the crossover isn't what Retro are making though it was a proposal at some point...which was also mentioned in the original rumour.

Posting it here seeing that this was a bit of a big deal when this rumour was first posted in the Wii U seection.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/30/confirmed-status-update-on-retro-studios-making-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

21211529.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

God the thread on the homepage scared me. I thought it said "Retro aren't doing Metroid".

But thank fucking goodness. Nintendo would have to be batshit crazy to actually make a game like this with the Metroid and StarFox franchises.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God the thread on the homepage scared me. I thought it said "Retro aren't doing Metroid".

But thank fucking goodness. Nintendo would have to be batshit crazy to actually make a game like this with the Metroid and StarFox franchises.
Scared me too. lol
Hey, they at least thought about it. They may come back to it. O.o

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how a crossover would even work. The two series are absolutely nothing alike, and it's not like Pokemon, where it can do almost anything and get away with it. It's such a dumb idea that believing it to be true would've been foolish anyway.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it said "Retro aren't doing Metroid".
Well it won't be Prime if they ever did return, they clearly stated that Prime 3 would be the last one.

I really hope they don't go back to the series for a long time, its just that I really want Retro to either make something new or revitalise dead games. Personally Nintendo should get the original Fusion/Zero team back together for a side-scroller for now or maybe get another dev who can do something interesting with the series.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted_171835

Well it won't be Prime if they ever did return, they clearly stated that Prime 3 would be the last one.

I really hope they don't go back to the series for a long time, its just that I really want Retro to either make something new or revitalise dead games. Personally Nintendo should get the original Fusion/Zero team back together for a side-scroller for now or maybe get another dev who can do something interesting with the series.
I was kind of hoping Retro would go back and make one more Prime. Prime 4 (or another Metroid "FPS") in HD with Retro's stellar art design would look amazing.

Although I would also like a sidescrolling Metroid game. We're long due for one. Perhaps a side-scroller for the 3DS and a Metroid FPS on the Wii U?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 3 people

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could still have been Other M 2, though.

Other M 2 would be nice. I enjoyed the first one.
:rofl2:

I'm guessing you're in the camp of people that hated Other M? If youhave been reading any of my posts over the past few years I'm sure you would know that I'm just a different breed of gamer. I loved every bit of Other M. It was a refreshing feel after playing Prime 3 whish was another great game.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I was kind of hoping Retro would go back and make one more Prime. Prime 4 (or another Metroid "FPS") in HD with Retro's stellar art design would look amazing.

Although I would also like a sidescrolling Metroid game. We're long due for one. Perhaps a side-scroller for the 3DS and a Metroid FPS on the Wii U?

The Idea you speak of is PROJECT DREAD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.