Retail Saves backup without hardware?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by MarcusRaven, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010
  1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Is there a way to backup Retail DS Saves without buying the NDS Adaptor Plus? If so, how would I do it. I already tried Rein R17, and it doesn't load.

2. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Do you own an ez 3in1 also ?

If not, are you able to use wifi on your DS ?

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    I could possibly do the WiFi option. My connection is one that requires the 3 extra connection slots on DSi. (4, 5, and 6) If I can't use that connection, I can take my wife's laptop to the local Chik-fil-A. (They got free Wifi. [​IMG])

EDIT: Based on your post, I did some more research. NDS Backup Tool Wifi? I'll try it and let you know how it works out.

EDIT2: Gotta try tomorrow, since my connection type won't work for this. Guess I'm taking the kids to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. [​IMG]

EDIT3: Okay, I've been reading about this little thing, and I have NO IDEA how to set up my laptop with an FTP server. It is honestly beyond my comprehension. Any help? Or is there a public FTP that I could use and access from home?

4. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but will the instructions in THIS tutorial allow me to do this? This FTP thing really has me confused. I'm seriously thinking of just ordering a 3 in 1, but I also want to do this as soon as possible. >.< Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Okay, I'm REALLY confused. I have all the steps of that tutorial running, and NDS Backup won't connect to the FTP. I really need some detailed steps and help here.

EDIT2: Got it figured out. Everything worked. Had to borrow my mother's DSLite, but I got it working. Since there was a significant lack in documentation on the process, I'm writing a tutorial about t.