Retail discs in Gamma Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CreX, Feb 16, 2009.

Feb 16, 2009

Retail discs in Gamma Loader by CreX at 9:24 AM (1,030 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. CreX
    OP

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Hello!

Ever since I've installed Gamma Loader I've been playing my CoD5 retail disc in the loader because the Disc Channel wants to update with the CoD5 disc. Anyway, my question is: Does it matter if I run retail discs in the gamma loader? Do I get the lower laggy speed drive speed etc?

I'm running 3.3v1 (E).

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I recommend to use Gecko OS instead of Gamma for originals. Or better SoftChip, set to the IOS the game wants.

3. CreX
    OP

Sweden
    For the sake of not damaging anything, or just cause of more fluid and non hick-up gameplay? [​IMG]

4. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    You ain't gonna damage anything. it's just for a more smooth and compatible playing.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Let's say normally the game would load IOS33 (just an example, i don't know which is the correct one), when you start the game from the disc channel. If you start the game with that IOS in SoftChip, it's a close as possible to being launched by the disc channel. And i'm not sure the cIOS uses normal reading commands or dvd video reading commands for originals, but they load at 6x speed anyway.

6. CreX
    OP

Sweden
    Thanks guys! I have a better understanding of how it works now. But I really should study IOS. Don't really know how all of it works. I've only been using HBC + Gecho OS to run my imported No More Heroes (the EU version suck.. germany ripped out all the blood etc) . I installed the Gamma Loader etc last weekend, and have no idea of what I did really... it just works. [​IMG]