CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Hello!

Ever since I've installed Gamma Loader I've been playing my CoD5 retail disc in the loader because the Disc Channel wants to update with the CoD5 disc. Anyway, my question is: Does it matter if I run retail discs in the gamma loader? Do I get the lower laggy speed drive speed etc?

I'm running 3.3v1 (E).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recommend to use Gecko OS instead of Gamma for originals. Or better SoftChip, set to the IOS the game wants.

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I recommend to use Gecko OS instead of Gamma for originals. Or better SoftChip, set to the IOS the game wants.
For the sake of not damaging anything, or just cause of more fluid and non hick-up gameplay?
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CreX said:
WiiPower said:
For the sake of not damaging anything, or just cause of more fluid and non hick-up gameplay?
smile.gif

Let's say normally the game would load IOS33 (just an example, i don't know which is the correct one), when you start the game from the disc channel. If you start the game with that IOS in SoftChip, it's a close as possible to being launched by the disc channel. And i'm not sure the cIOS uses normal reading commands or dvd video reading commands for originals, but they load at 6x speed anyway.

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
You ain't gonna damage anything. it's just for a more smooth and compatible playing.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Feb 16 2009, 01:25 PM) Let's say normally the game would load IOS33 (just an example, i don't know which is the correct one), when you start the game from the disc channel. If you start the game with that IOS in SoftChip, it's a close as possible to being launched by the disc channel. And i'm not sure the cIOS uses normal reading commands or dvd video reading commands for originals, but they load at 6x speed anyway.

Thanks guys! I have a better understanding of how it works now. But I really should study IOS. Don't really know how all of it works. I've only been using HBC + Gecho OS to run my imported No More Heroes (the EU version suck.. germany ripped out all the blood etc) . I installed the Gamma Loader etc last weekend, and have no idea of what I did really... it just works.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte