Hacking (ret = -1) error on drive confirmed to work

MidLevel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Seagate FreeAgent Go 250gb HD, which is confirmed 6 times over to work with the USB Loader. I keep getting the error in the topic every time I try to use it. Is there something besides the drive itself that I could be doing wrong somewhere? I formatted it raw and then in WBST, and used the manager to put the iso's on the drive.

If it helps I am using Loader v1.5 and menu system v3.1U

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
from sticky said:
Q: When I boot USB Loader, I get: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1) ?
This means either your USB drive is corrupted or it is not supported. Please use another drive or doublecheck connections. Also, if you have something plugged in the other USB port, be sure to remove it. If all that doesn't work, try switching your USB port. Some people reported this working via hotswapping, but I do not support this method. Other people are reporting that plugging two errored USB's in at once makes one work.
If that doesn't work come again
wink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only other thing I know is to re-install the cIOS36r9/10
or use another usbloader (GX and coverflow are nice)
If that doesn't do it, someone else will have to solve it

MidLevel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try those, if they don't work I'll just pretend the HD doesn't work since I just got it and take it back >_> And buy some DVDs instead.

MidLevel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's looking like I didn't have the proper CIos installed. Let me just get some games on it now that it recognized the HD.

MidLevel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'll just throw another question out there so if anyone is still looking I could use a little more help!

Basically: USB Loader doesn't recognize the games that I've put on it from WBFS manager. I can't see them but WBFS sees them. All I can do is rip discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.