Restoring Wii U NAND

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by tuck_kor, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tuck_kor
    OP

tuck_kor Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2011
    Malaysia
    Hi guys, would like to ask for some help.

Back in July 2014, I had installed the Wii homebrew channel for my wii u. Thanks for all the helps from the forumers, I managed to get it done, which is back to the thread below:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/loading-iso-and-not-wbfs-with-usb-loader-gx.351537/#post-5047111

Now that Loadiine has come out, and unfortunately my wii u is now 5.50U version, I can't use it. However, during the installation of Wii homebrew channel last year, I did perform the Wii U NAND backup and I still keep the files. I would like to ask that, is that possible I can restore my Wii U back to older firmware by using my backup NAND? If yes, may I know how to do it?

I had researched through google, and what I found is:

Unfortunately this is for Wii, may I know does this work for Wii U too?

Thanks for all the forumers help :)

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Your vWii NAND backup is of the vWii partition only, and cannot be used to downgrade the Wii U.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 4, 2015
    DrCrygor07 likes this.
  3. tuck_kor
    OP

tuck_kor Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2011
    Malaysia
    OMG.........Shyeetttttttttttt. (Going to chop off my itchy hand to update the wii u.... >"<)

4. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Anything about Wii U nand backup and restore is being discussed here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-nand-dump.395491/

And no, there is currently no available method to backup Wii U nand with only soft modding, what you did there was just vWii backup :).

Make sure you block auto updates so at least you have some hope since there is currently a private 5.5.0 exploit.

Last edited by oumoumad, Oct 4, 2015