Hacking Restoring old data from back up possible?

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I installed A9LH on my N3DSXL last week using my second 3DS and the DSiWare method. I followed the guide but completely forgot to copy the Nintendo 3DS folder during the transfer via PC.
I've only just realised this today when I went to check my Mii Plaza and Activity Log and my heart sank when I found they were empty of the data collected since 2011.
I still have my SD backup on my PC and have all Sysnand and Emunand backups from the guide so is there a way I can restore all the data again?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think there's anything you can do. The data from your hacked system replaced everything on your unhacked system, so unless you have a nand backup of your unhacked 3ds before the transfer (which is impossible without a hard mod), there's no way to restore that data. You can use a Mii Plaza save editor and get some of your data back like that, but you'll have to start over again with your activity log.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves for both of those are stored on nand (the streetpass one might be on SD, but I couldn't check as it required an update), and probably get transferred when you do a system transfer. You made a nand backup right before transferring, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?