Restoring emuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by homefryguy, Apr 1, 2017.

1. homefryguy
    OP

homefryguy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I've wanted to update to the latest system update on my emuNAND but I think the rainstorm outside scrambled the update which made it take a few seconds to download instead of a few hours. I can still turn on my 3DS but when I select CakesFW and boot the CFW the screen stays black without booting it. Is there anything I can do to restore it? I don't want to lose hours of progress on Monster Hunter. I'm not sure if I made a recent backup or not.

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    do you have a emunand backup? if not, you can backup your sysnand and restore it to emunand (you will lose some data though and emunand would be re-linked to sysnand, but it would work)

3. homefryguy
    OP

homefryguy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    How do I check if I have one? (I haven't heard of these terms in a year so I might be a little clueless)

EDIT: When you mean "some data" do you mean that I would lose all of my save data and games and such?

Last edited by homefryguy, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    check your sd card for any file named NAND_emu.bin, emuNAND.bin, or something like that wherever decrypt9 stores its files (it says where in the main menu of decrypt9) or if you use godmode9, check gm9out.

when you restore a nand backup, the ticket for the game will not be on the emulator, so the games will not show up. just reinstall the programs and the save data should still be there.

5. SkillingCat

SkillingCat Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    France
    Yes or use some software that installs all the tickets onto your system so all the retail games are showing again (search a little as I don't think I'm authorized to explain it here, but it's on gbatemp too so it won't be hard)

6. homefryguy
    OP

homefryguy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I got a backup from a year ago, that's better than backing up from the sysNAND right?

7. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Do you have the latest Cakes? I don't think previous versions work with 11.3 update. @Crystal the Glaceon could probably tell you more about it. I would suggest you update to a9lh sysNAND following the Guide, unless you're using Gatewait. I would recommend a9lh with EmuNAND for Brickway.

At least update Cakes or switch to something that support 11.3 if Cakes doesn't.