Hacking RestoreMii

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, so this fixes my brick wii, but can also brick it. Sounds like those drugs they give you for depression that makes you depressed.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey video boy if you where to make a 3.2 brick fix. That fix would only work as a brick fix for 3.2... not a downgrader.... unless the people using it have cios249.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... So this is basically just an upgrader to 4.0 system menu???

The reasoning behind it fixing bricked Wii is that you can install this to upgrade to 4.0 thus fixing your bricked wii??

So it would be theoretical to have one that could DOWNGRADE a bricked 4.0 to 3.2 if all the prerequisites were met???

Is this right or am I just completely way off target??

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NeoNight said:
lol, so this fixes my brick wii, but can also brick it. Sounds like those drugs they give you for depression that makes you depressed.
lmfao, That just made my day.
biggrin.gif

But im not saying it brick's your wii im just saying there could be problem with other users.
But this wad could not possibly brick your wii in anyway.

QUOTE(wiiman123 @ Apr 29 2009, 08:00 PM) Hey vidboy if you where to make a 3.2 brick fix. That fix would only work as a brick fix for 3.2... not a downgrader.... unless the people using it have cios249.
Hmmmmm......
Your giving me an idea here....
maybe if i make a RestoreMii for PAL And NTSC for 3.2 i think i should throw in the cIOS249 wad with the IOS30 wad.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
the IOS60 thats in your package.... is it patched? or original ios

Your future releases should mention every title in the package.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
icpmattj said:
In the video it looks like it was edited at the 51/52 second mark.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!! Its a split second of Homebrew Channel

This video is edited. 2 parts joined together.....
blink.gif

QUOTE(wiistarter @ Apr 29 2009, 09:08 PM) Has anybody actually tried this??? has it worked??
Thats another unanswered question.

whye.jpg

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't this pointless.you say to use this you need preloader of coarse i have that.also updating to 4.0 i got bricked twice and all i had to do was use preloader go to HBC and install preloader again to fix my wii from a brick.the same brick shown in your video.

EDIT
again was bricked on 4.0 and preloader fixed it.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have preloader installed, there is no need for this. Since this is required to be able to access the wad manager, its even more pointless..... You can already fix bricks using wad manager without this, chipped wii's have auto boot system menu discs, non-chipped wiis use preloader.

D

Deleted User

At first I thought:

ZOMG, this thing is a special WAD?

Then after reading the whole thread, I was like:
facepalm.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
looks to me as tho you just got a preloader patched IOS60, dumped it, made a wad released that your some great hacker, i could have done this before preloader 0.29 was even out, this does not help form bricks, the other solution is to just reinstall preloader again to patch ios60 and no i havnt read this whole thread because its fail, others probs know the same as me

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought I'd seen threads full of crap before, but this one takes the cake.
svpe has already posted what this really is - it's a poorly made .wad containing non-modified sysmenu 4.0.
IOS 60 IS NOT IN THIS WAD. If you install it without IOS60 already installed you're on the train to bricksville.
The youtube video has also been edited when the wii restarts@2:52 - the reflection on the television abruptly changes position (also, LOL at the "FRIMWARE DOWNGRADER" channel).

So please, let's just ignore the troll (Vidboy10) until he gets bored and goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh