Hacking Restored 5.1.0 NAND to 6.1.0, Switch does not boot anymore, Hekate stuck on Launch

caller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I restored a NAND Backup from 5.1.0 to my Switch which was on 6.1.0. I can see that the Switch wouldnt boot normally due to burnt fuses count. However Hekate doesnt boot either, it tells me that package1 version is from 6.1.0 ('20180802162753'), keyblob version 5, and is stuck after printing "Loaded package1 and keyblob".
Am I missing something? Or is this expected behavior?

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's expected since your boot files relate to fw 6.1. If you have boot files for 5.1 restore those.

If not you'll need to rebuild them

caller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you mean BOOT0/1, I did restore these too. Do I need some special files for Hekate to boot into Horizon?

caller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I followed Steps 7,8.2,8.3 and 9. It does not boot either, but it does behave different. The Switch now turns off after a while being stuck again in hekate after launching the "FS_XX..." option. It shows package1 ('20180220163747') and keyblob version 4. After that a black screen and nothing (seemingly) happens.
I did use hekate for booting into atmosphere, but I havent used it to boot after restoring a lower firmware NAND.

caller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I used Choidujour to generate the files to write to the Switch when in memloader emmc mode. I followed the steps, but nothing changed.
I also tried to write the 6.1.0 update to the Switch, which ends up in the same situation as in the first post, being stuck when booting "FS_XX..." option. I feel like somehow the Switch does not want to boot up anymore, at least not into Horizon OS

caller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There seems to be no way of checking if the dump is valid, but I can open it in HacDiskMount and after entering the bis keys, mount and browse the partitions, so it seems to me that the backup may be valid.
I have also tried the manual downgrade to 5.1.0 using HacDiskMoun deleting all SYSTEM and USER files on the Switch emmc, so the Switch is essentially factory reset, but booting in Hekate does not work after that either. Also after upgrading to 6.1.0 again as described in the Tutorial, also deleting any SYSTEM and USER files, yields the same result, always stuck in Hekate after selecting the appropriate Launch option.

Flocka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be no way of checking if the dump is valid, but I can open it in HacDiskMount and after entering the bis keys, mount and browse the partitions, so it seems to me that the backup may be valid.
I have also tried the manual downgrade to 5.1.0 using HacDiskMoun deleting all SYSTEM and USER files on the Switch emmc, so the Switch is essentially factory reset, but booting in Hekate does not work after that either. Also after upgrading to 6.1.0 again as described in the Tutorial, also deleting any SYSTEM and USER files, yields the same result, always stuck in Hekate after selecting the appropriate Launch option.

Did you ever figure anything out?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never done a nand restore so can't help, but I would like to know what is going on here that these types of threads pop up on such a regular basis. Surely, it's not just user error every single time?

If you restore boot0/1 and rawnand from 5.1 onto 6.1 shouldn't you be able to boot straight into hekate again? Why do some people have to resort to using hacdiskmount after the hekate restore failed to let them boot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P