Hacking Restore sysnand twlp and twln

Acide0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I m trying to recover a 3ds from a brick, the system when I got it have a bad nand, with no sysnand twln(p).

I have install boot9strap with ntrboothax, do a 9.2 ctr tranfert, then update it in 11.5 but nothing do to restore does partitions. The problem is does partition touch dsiware and formating so they not working.

Someone have a solution fir that ?

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot into GodMode9 and browse those partitions?

If so, first try following "DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide" section from
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting.html

If you can find a donor system of the same model and OS version, you can attempt to backup (partition dump) and restore (partition inject) twln.bin and twlp.bin images using Decrypt9. I'm not sure what console specific information there may be though.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I m trying to recover a 3ds from a brick, the system when I got it have a bad nand, with no sysnand twln(p).

I have install boot9strap with ntrboothax, do a 9.2 ctr tranfert, then update it in 11.5 but nothing do to restore does partitions. The problem is does partition touch dsiware and formating so they not working.

Someone have a solution fir that ?
New or old 3DS?

Acide0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I m not see the partitions, have dump the partitions of a new 3ds XL in 11.5.38 with a working nand. I have inject it in the new 3ds (not XL but I dont think its matter not sûre)with out the partitions. Decrypt9 tell me that the job is done but again in g9 I see nothing. Allready try the dsi broke fonction but FBI could just install one .cia all the other a failed.

So the broken system its a new 3ds all system are usa.

Last edited by Acide0,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I m not see the partitions, have dump the partitions of a new 3ds XL in 11.5.38 with a working nand. I have inject it in the new 3ds (not XL but I dont think its matter not sûre)with out the partitions. Decrypt9 tell me that the job is done but again in g9 I see nothing. Allready try the dsi broke fonction but FBI could just install one .cia all the other a failed.

So the broken system its a new 3ds all system are usa.
Sorry for the late response, you didn't quote me so I didn't get any alert about it. I hope you still have those files you dumped from the working console. Should be twln.bin and twlp.bin. If you need them again, use GodMode9 on the working console to get them again from drive S:/

Along with those two, also get a copy of S:/twlmbr.bin. When you have all three of those, put them in the SD:/gm9/out/ folder on your SD card.

Once you've done that download the attached file I've included. Inside it you'll find a 'Fix TWL.gm9' script and a file called 'sighax_hdr_retail.bin'. Put the sighax_hdr_retail.bin file in the SD:/gm9/out/ folder on your SD card with the other three BIN files. Put the gm9 script file in the SD:/gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card.

Once everything is prepped and in place, boot GodMode9 on your broken console, press Home > More > Scripts... > Fix TWL. That should do it.

Attachments

• Fix TWL.zip
    883 bytes · Views: 394

Acide0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late response, you didn't quote me so I didn't get any alert about it. I hope you still have those files you dumped from the working console. Should be twln.bin and twlp.bin. If you need them again, use GodMode9 on the working console to get them again from drive S:/

Along with those two, also get a copy of S:/twlmbr.bin. When you have all three of those, put them in the SD:/gm9/out/ folder on your SD card.

Once you've done that download the attached file I've included. Inside it you'll find a 'Fix TWL.gm9' script and a file called 'sighax_hdr_retail.bin'. Put the sighax_hdr_retail.bin file in the SD:/gm9/out/ folder on your SD card with the other three BIN files. Put the gm9 script file in the SD:/gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card.

Once everything is prepped and in place, boot GodMode9 on your broken console, press Home > More > Scripts... > Fix TWL. That should do it.

Thank you for for answer and support, I have done your instruction, extract from the good system with GM9 in S drive the 3 file put it on the bad system in the out folder with the one in you pack. Start Gm9 laucnh your scrypt it tel me unknow command line 6 and then succes but at the end I don't see the partitons in GM9. I have try to install through Freeshop a dsiware game in case of and it brick me the system lol. I will do a ctrtranfert and put it back on track.

Waiting more instructions, thank you.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for for answer and support, I have done your instruction, extract from the good system with GM9 in S drive the 3 file put it on the bad system in the out folder with the one in you pack. Start Gm9 laucnh your scrypt it tel me unknow command line 6 and then succes but at the end I don't see the partitons in GM9. I have try to install through Freeshop a dsiware game in case of and it brick me the system lol. I will do a ctrtranfert and put it back on track.

Waiting more instructions, thank you.
Terribly sorry, I missed a few words in the script. If you open the Fix TWL.gm9 file up in any text editor, and replace it with this modified version then it should work:
Code:
# GodMode9 "Fix TWL Script"
# Restore TWL firms
# last changed: 20170903
# author: AnalogMan

set SUCCESSMSG "All Done!"

# Check for files
set ERRORMSG "TWLMBR.BIN missing!"
find 0:/gm9/out/twlmbr.bin TWLMBR

set ERRORMSG "TWLN.BIN missing!"
find 0:/gm9/out/twln.bin TWLN

set ERRORMSG "TWLP.BIN missing!"
find 0:/gm9/out/twlp.bin TWLP

set ERRORMSG "SIGHAX_HDR_RETAIL.BIN missing!"
find 0:/gm9/out/sighax_hdr_retail.bin SIGHAX

# Ask for permission
allow -a S:/nand_hdr.bin

# Sighax nand_hdr
cp -w -n $[SIGHAX] S:/nand_hdr.bin

# Fix TWLMBR
cp -w -n $[TWLMBR] S:/twlmbr.bin

# Copy over TWLN + TWLP
cp -w -n $[TWLN] S:/twln.bin
cp -w -n $[TWLP] S:/twlp.bin
I fixed the zip that was attached to my post for any future readers so you could also just re-download it.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Acide0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot its working perfectly !!! I know a boy that gonna be happy !

A member from another hacking forum told me that another solution and I want to know if this solution could work to. He said to me to install sysupdater.cia and put the fw(.cia version) of the system(11.5 in ma case) updates folder on sd. Launch Fbi and delete all the titles and tickets except the one for sysupdater. When done it power button to show the screen asking if you want to shut up the system, from there you press home. On the home menu launch sysupdater and to a update. Like this its installe all the cias update.

On my side I'm no sure that this will inject or build back the partitions.

Again thank a lot for your support !!

Will link this thread for my post in logic-sunrise !!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot its working perfectly !!! I know a boy that gonna be happy !

A member from another hacking forum told me that another solution and I want to know if this solution could work to. He said to me to install sysupdater.cia and put the fw(.cia version) of the system(11.5 in ma case) updates folder on sd. Launch Fbi and delete all the titles and tickets except the one for sysupdater. When done it power button to show the screen asking if you want to shut up the system, from there you press home. On the home menu launch sysupdater and to a update. Like this its installe all the cias update.

On my side I'm no sure that this will inject or build back the partitions.

Again thank a lot for your support !!

Will link this thread for my post in logic-sunrise !!
Sorry for the late reply, no quote, no notification. As for deleting all your titles and tickets with FBI and using sysUpdater, that's a wonderful way to break your console. As the steps are written you wouldn't be able to exit FBI back to the Home Menu to run SysUpdater much less repair the TWL like this. The issue you were having was something went wrong with your TWLMBR which tells the 3DS where your TWL partitions are located. Updating would not have fixed that really.

Reactions: CheddaGuap

Acide0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the step to exit fbi after deleting the title and tickets works, I have test it allready but I the end it miss me some .cias in the update so sysupdater have crash.

Thank a lot for the great help, you rock !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo