Restore original wii Iso?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dgosling, Dec 15, 2011.

Dec 15, 2011

Restore original wii Iso? by dgosling at 6:31 AM (957 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. dgosling
    OP

Newcomer dgosling Newbie

United States
    Hey i was wondering if there was a way to remove all cios and restore the original isos for the wii.

I'm wondering because earlier today i tried to make the wii play backup gamecube games and when i tried to install the cios needed it kept freezing so i kept trying to restore the trucha bug and supposedly succedded but when I tried to do it again it kept freezing so i looked up the error and i guess with me making it play wii games off usb had a newer version so I used a patcher but it kept going to black screen so then i discovered darkcorp so when i try to run it i can have it do the virginize wii install but when i have it do the regular one like it says it loads up iso 249 and then the input from the wii is gone and the wii is still on but not doing a thing. so i was hoping restoring the original iso's would fix it and let me run it.

Thanks.

[I have homebrew experience before but this is just puzzling me]

2. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not sure if I understood your post correctly, but here are some tips from the keywords I picked out:

Gamecube backups can only, for the most part, be played off a disk, which newer Wiis can't do
    Assuming you CAN play GC backups, you need a cMIOS, not a cIOS
    Any cIOS (I think, it's at least the huge majority) can be used for apps requiring the trucha bug. Most decent apps let you choose which IOS to use
    DarkCorp is only for playing disk backups from the system menu disk channel, which, again, newer Wiis can't do
    DarkCorp should have an "uninstaller" of sorts, which will basically revert all the affected IOSs to unmodified ones, though some may be outdated at this point. It shouldn't affect cIOS slots, as far as I know.

Your best bet is probably to just start over with ModMii.

3. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Just remod it with ModMii. Virginazing the Wii can be dangerous, and theres no need to.