Restore Nand

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Smudjer, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Smudjer
    OP

Smudjer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi I'm after some advice of possible. Before I did anything with my SX Pro, I made a backup of my Band. I have restored it successfully and Now I want to go online with getting a ban. Is this now possible or are there further steps I should take? Many thanks.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If the NAND backup was made before hacking the console, then you are free to go online without worrying about a ban. One thing to note is that you must make another backup if you intend to use hacks and go back offline.

Smudjer likes this.
  3. Smudjer
    OP

Smudjer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Awesome thanks for the reply. Why do I have to make another backup? Is there a reason I cant keep restoring from the original backup. Many Thanks

4. Smudjer
    This message by Smudjer has been removed from public view by Joe88, Sep 27, 2018, Reason: Double post.
    Sep 27, 2018
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Think about it like this; you went online with your NAND backup and now its changed permanently from Nintendo's perspective. If you restore your old NAND backup a second time, Nintendo will see that it differs from the one they saw last time. So you must keep making new NAND backups if you intend to use hacks and go back offline. Otherwise if you are planning on staying online from this point onwards, you don't need to make another NAND backup.

Smudjer likes this.
  6. Smudjer
    OP

Smudjer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks so much! I'm not normally this stupid but makes perfect sense now. Thanks again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    How long does it take for nand restoration?

8. Smudjer
    OP

Smudjer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It took about an hour I think. I just left it on the side and came back to it after doing some other bits and bobs.