ROM Hack Restore Nand

Smudjer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm after some advice of possible. Before I did anything with my SX Pro, I made a backup of my Band. I have restored it successfully and Now I want to go online with getting a ban. Is this now possible or are there further steps I should take? Many thanks.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the NAND backup was made before hacking the console, then you are free to go online without worrying about a ban. One thing to note is that you must make another backup if you intend to use hacks and go back offline.

Reactions: Smudjer

Smudjer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome thanks for the reply. Why do I have to make another backup? Is there a reason I cant keep restoring from the original backup. Many Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks for the reply. Why do I have to make another backup? Is there a reason I cant keep restoring from the original backup. Many Thanks
Think about it like this; you went online with your NAND backup and now its changed permanently from Nintendo's perspective. If you restore your old NAND backup a second time, Nintendo will see that it differs from the one they saw last time. So you must keep making new NAND backups if you intend to use hacks and go back offline. Otherwise if you are planning on staying online from this point onwards, you don't need to make another NAND backup.

Reactions: Smudjer

Smudjer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks so much! I'm not normally this stupid but makes perfect sense now. Thanks again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Smudjer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It took about an hour I think. I just left it on the side and came back to it after doing some other bits and bobs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)