Resizing WBFS partition after installing games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by denpanosekai, Apr 8, 2009.

1. denpanosekai
    OP

Newcomer denpanosekai Advanced Member

Canada
    I am about to use the wonderful (and free!) Easeus Partition Master 3.5 to create a free partition on my 1TB Seagate FreeAgent.

From what I understand, this WBFS is not something that Windows understands, so I assume EPM won't see it either.

I'd just like to know if you guys successfully managed to resize a WBFS partition without losing data? I'm thinking of starting out small then making it bigger if necessary.

OTHER QUESTION: does the new WBFS partition have to be primary or logical?

2. dope_X

Newcomer dope_X Advanced Member

Germany
    hi,

it has to be primary.
    and yes, the "EASEUS Partition Master 3.5 " (i got the same tool ^^ ) will see that partition but as "unformatted".
    and well, as far as i know there is no way to resize a wbfs-partition at the moment.

3. denpanosekai
    OP

Newcomer denpanosekai Advanced Member

Canada
    Thanks for the help. I guess I will buy a separate hard drive then.

4. SonyUSA

Contributor SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip
    United States
    The WBFS partition has to be "Primary" but doesn't have to be at the beginning of the disk to work. I have a guide in my sig if you get stuck somewhere.

I'm going to test resizing the partition now, but I don't think the extra sectors will be WBFS format. Hopefully the formatting is just in a header and not written to every sector [​IMG]

Nope, apprently you can't extend the partition at all, atleast not until someone makes a program to do it specifically! So make it big the first time [​IMG]