sharaku17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys,

I had a brand new SD Card with 200GB. So i partitioned it into a 35GB partition to put the Emunand on and the rest would be a partition for other stuff (around 150GB).
My switch was on 9.2.0 so i made the Emunand through hekate and everything went well. Then afterwards I updated my OFW to 10.0 and was done..or so i tought.

now i just noticed that my Emunand got installed on the big 150GB partition. Which is a problem as i out of this 150GB the switch only can use around 25GB as Nand space.
the other 35GB partition is recognized as SD Card space.

Which means all in all my 200GB card is acting like a 64GB card now :(

Well my first tought was well just format the card and do it all over again but the problem here is now that i updated my OFW in the meanwhile to 10.0 and i do not want my Emunand to be on 10.0
Which means im looking for a way to somehow resize the 150GB partition where the Emunand is on right now with a program and then relocate that space to the other partition.

Is this possible somehow?
I tried a programm like minitool partition wizard. But this tool gives me an error when i try to resize the partition.

I hope somebody has any idea what i could do

sharaku17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alternatively i do have a second SD card swhich is smaller in size where i do have an EmuNand as SD Files on it.
Is there any way to use that EmuNand as a raw partition on the 200GB card?

I mean i could just copy the SD files as it is without doing a hidden partition but ive heard that the SD files solution is way slower? is that true? Thats mainly the reason why im trying to get the partition going on that new card

thebarraster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. You have more than likely created the emunand on the 35gb partition. The emunand more than likely won't read as anything other than blank space on a Windows pc that I'm guessing your using. The 150gb with a folder in it called emunand is not the emunand. It is just a folder for stuff to go in. Basically. You more than likely have emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Think of it this way. Does windows see your sysnand.....no. same as your emunand. Just emptiness.

sharaku17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol. You have more than likely created the emunand on the 35gb partition. The emunand more than likely won't read as anything other than blank space on a Windows pc that I'm guessing your using. The 150gb with a folder in it called emunand is not the emunand. It is just a folder for stuff to go in. Basically. You more than likely have emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Think of it this way. Does windows see your sysnand.....no. same as your emunand. Just emptiness.
no the emunand is on the 150GB partition because the only partition i can see on my windows system is the 35Gb partition and the "hidden" partition is the 150gb one.

Also i have used homebrew which shows me that the switch is only registering 35GB as SD cars space and around 28GB as Nand space... well where the hell is the rest then? :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?