Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.
I dowloaded the clean rom by the scene dump : Resident.Evil.Revelations.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST

I converted it to CIA using 3DS Simple CIA Converter, with NO Firm Spoof options:
1481364165-02.png

But as you can see, the game is asking me for update (I can launch it, though):
1481363949-rer.png

But I'm sure there is NO update for this game.
Nothing on the Eshop, and fail when I try to download it on the home Menu.

The game is EUR and my SysNand EUR too.
I'm using A9LH + Luma3DS (Sys 11.2).

What can cause the game asking to update?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
The rom has the wrong version number. You can hex edit the correct version number into the cia but it was ages ago when i last did it and cant remember what offsets. Theres an automated program to do it ill see if i can find it

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The rom has the wrong version number. You can hex edit the correct version number into the cia but it was ages ago when i last did it and cant remember what offsets. Theres an automated program to do it ill see if i can find it
If I download it using FunkeyCIA and an EncryptedTitleKey, would it be ok?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you just place the cia in the same folder as the fixer.py then rename the game to cia.cia then run this command
version_fixer.py Cia.cia
If I download it using FunkeyCIA and an EncryptedTitleKey, would it be ok?
I tried a lot of things like different dumps and sources etc but this program worked great

Attachments

• version_fixer.rar
    866 bytes · Views: 756

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because:
1) I don't like freeshop
2) And I want the CIA

Now stop to say freeshop, this is not what I asked.
@Columbo2811 Thanks

I still don't understand why you go all this trouble just to convert .3ds to .cia to install a game on your home menu. The only reason i can possibly think of is you're helping the at iso site reupload dead cia links of resident evil lol. If that's not the case: If you use freeshop/ciangel, you still get the same result.

Last edited by HuskyXD,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't understand why you go all this trouble just to convert .3ds to .cia to install a game on your home menu. The only reason i can possibly think of is you're helping the at iso site reupload dead cia links of resident evil lol. If that's not the case: If you use freeshop/ciangel, you still get the same result.
Because people like to have a backup on pc or hdd. Free shop and Nintendo servers won't be around forever.

Reactions: Asia81

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooohh i did not know he could do this, for me he just download and already install XD
When you enter ciangel, there is some text at the bottom of the top screen. It'll change each time you press the left or right shoulder buttons, it'll cycle back after 3 or so different options. Anyway cycling through the left shoulder button will give you an option to create a .cia instead of installing. So create it and then use fbi to install.

Reactions: DonJav

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.